CA Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J_S

Reaction score
Guys and Gals!!!

It seems like it's going to be a long long wait until California decides to declare the results. So just to pass time, lets share our experiences and try to make the wait seem shorter..

I passed last year on the fall exam. To add insult to injury, the board met on the 15th or 16th of January. Monday was a holiday so that delayed the computer update and the mail! As I recall the letter came in the Tuesday mail (I live in Nebraska) and the database was updated early Wednesday morning. I'm guessing the letter will get there before the database is updated.

Hang in there.

I passed last year on the fall exam. To add insult to injury, the board met on the 15th or 16th of January. Monday was a holiday so that delayed the computer update and the mail! As I recall the letter came in the Tuesday mail (I live in Nebraska) and the database was updated early Wednesday morning. I'm guessing the letter will get there before the database is updated.
Hang in there.
My cubemate wrote the April 09 exam and it seemed like he got his results in no time, which we attributed to the fact that we were sooooooooooo busy we didn't have time to think of anything.. But its really killing me with all the wait..

Hang in there.
My cubemate wrote the April 09 exam and it seemed like he got his results in no time, which we attributed to the fact that we were sooooooooooo busy we didn't have time to think of anything.. But its really killing me with all the wait..
It's terrible that they wait 120 days to meet to decide what the cut score will be. Why not meet in the last week of December? The entire state of California is a big joke.

There will be a board meeting on Jan 27 & 28, 2010. We should expect our result on Jan. 30 or Feb 1, 2010.

hang in there CA testees... I have been there, the wait can be brutal... but to keep your mind off it, go post in the 5k thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, it's been pretty dragging.

However, do I really want to spoil my holidays? lol..I guess it could be the other way around as well.

The board seriously needs to think of ways to make the process more efficient.

Yes, it's been pretty dragging.
However, do I really want to spoil my holidays? lol..I guess it could be the other way around as well.

The board seriously needs to think of ways to make the process more efficient.
This is only a process time in the life and we will have a good news in the end of Jan. 2010.

Don't worry...just plan what you are going to do because a lot of people do not take the PE exam and they live happy than us..... You never know that maybe tomorrow you will win the lotto and forget about the PE. Let's said in this way, what PE license will bring to you? a million, 2 minllions? no...the answer might be less than 200K in life time.

Happy Holiday

yup. Board meeting on 26th Jan, so expect the results to be mailed around 28th-29th. Anyways I e-mailed NCEES and the Exam administrator told that the pass rates will be posted on NCEES website either tomorrow or next week (my bet on next week). Atleast that will give an idea about the first-day passing percentages..

definitely a long wait, but hopefully the ending will be sweet..

I wonder if someone actually passes the second-day exams and flunks the first-day? anyone---

I wonder if someone actually passes the second-day exams and flunks the first-day? anyone---
yes, that happens. I know quite a number of people who passed Seismic or Surverying or Seismic and Surverying and failed the National exam.

yup. Board meeting on 26th Jan, so expect the results to be mailed around 28th-29th. Anyways I e-mailed NCEES and the Exam administrator told that the pass rates will be posted on NCEES website either tomorrow or next week (my bet on next week). Atleast that will give an idea about the first-day passing percentages..
definitely a long wait, but hopefully the ending will be sweet..
Really? That's great news. I wonder what the passing rate is for the other states.

yes, that happens. I know quite a number of people who passed Seismic or Surverying or Seismic and Surverying and failed the National exam.
shooot.. i am so freaked thinking of first day evening session. why the heck did i write geotech? structural was so **** easy! anyways lets hope for the best. best of luck to me :)

I am from Pennsylvania and I was qualified to take the test only in CA as I have less then 4 years of work expereince after college. Its painful to wait for the results to comeout. I believe results would come in 1st week of Feb.

:mf_followthroughfart:

I am from Pennsylvania and I was qualified to take the test only in CA as I have less then 4 years of work expereince after college. Its painful to wait for the results to comeout. I believe results would come in 1st week of Feb.
contacted for what, especially when u know its not going to be futile at least for another 4-5 weeks.. during the exam, the proctors said "the exam results will be sent to you within 13 weeks". u have to wonder that Cali board people do make use of every second of those 13 weeks LOL.

I am curious as to what the requirements are in PA.

shooot.. i am so freaked thinking of first day evening session. why the heck did i write geotech? structural was so **** easy! anyways lets hope for the best. best of luck to me :)
I took Structural for my afternoon exam. It was tough. I don't know where you got the idea that Structural was easy. The only way by which you could make a sound comparison is if you took both tests. But none of us did...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back