pass / fail letter question????

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mot14

Reaction score
do both the pass letter or a fail letter come in a standard envelope? Do you get a certificate if you pass the FE? If so, how do you get it????

Thanks

do both the pass letter or a fail letter come in a standard envelope? Do you get a certificate if you pass the FE? If so, how do you get it????
Thanks
I sat for the FE in West Va and the happy results came in a large envelope (contains your EIT certificate). A standard sized envelope meant bad news. Not sure if this is standard among other states.

Thanks
I sat for the FE in West Va and the happy results came in a large envelope (contains your EIT certificate). A standard sized envelope meant bad news. Not sure if this is standard among other states.
I sat too and got a fail letter in large envelope this time, so it doesn't matter.

Thanks
I sat too and got a fail letter in large envelope this time, so it doesn't matter.
I took FE in CT and pass letter (from EES) came in normal size envelope. It says I will get a licensing packet from the State Board within 65 days.

I just passed (1st attempt) the FE in Michigan. received the famous email from NCEES with pass result.

Now, I live in PA and I am looking actively for employment as an engineer in training at this time. I know that I would not get any certificate in the mail or anything like that from MI, but my concern is whether I can prove to a potential employer in PA that I have passed the FE exam in MI just based on a printout.

Can anyone tell me from their own experience, if I can get any other type of document that can verify my results? before I will apply for PE exam, is there any other piece of paper that will document this?

Thank you all in advance.

North Carolina? Thanks in advance.......
When I took the FE back in Fall 2004 in North Carolina, the pass letter came in a standard size envelope. I was still in school, so I didn't receive my certificate until after I graduated in Spring 2005.

I just passed (1st attempt) the FE in Michigan. received the famous email from NCEES with pass result.
Now, I live in PA and I am looking actively for employment as an engineer in training at this time. I know that I would not get any certificate in the mail or anything like that from MI, but my concern is whether I can prove to a potential employer in PA that I have passed the FE exam in MI just based on a printout.

Can anyone tell me from their own experience, if I can get any other type of document that can verify my results? before I will apply for PE exam, is there any other piece of paper that will document this?

Thank you all in advance.
Your state should have a website where you can search for a license. It will display your name and whether you are an EIT or a PE once you have passed the exam. Usually the state where you took the test will send you an EIT certificate.

Back