for anyone who cares about Oklahoma

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goofychallenge

Reaction score
I checked our database, and the last PE number was 2458 for Robert Shaw. Does anyone know if the online database in OK is updated before the letters arrive?

Oddly, it turns out he got his in '53 and is now retired. I was about an order of magnitude off on that. Never mind. I guess we know I didn't pass.

Alright, the number is 24241. And it's a guy who got his on the 14th of this year. I'm hoping it's the comity bunch, because I'm not on the list.

We all care about Oklahoma!

My coworker got his a few years ago and said it is a while before they update the online list. You'll have to wait for your letter from the Oklahoma PELS and then pass OK's ethic's exam before you are a PE. Then you will be added to the website.

Good luck on the open book take home ethics exam... and the PE.

And my best number crunching says we recieve our letter 2-9 days after the first e-mails (average of 6 days).

That should put them around Saturday or Monday.

Ah, forgot about the ethics test. One of my co-workers failed the open book ethics test three times after passing the PE on his first try. We still give him crap about it. Now I'll know not to keep searching for engineer #24243, and just settle in and check the mail.

Thanks for the insight.

goofychallenge,

This is completely off topic, but I'm wondering if your name has anything to do with Goofy's Challenge in Orlando...

Good luck in your wait!

Actually, it does. I was trying to pick an email address a couple of years ago and everything was taken. My wife and I had just done the goofy challenge for the first time, and so I tried that. I was pretty sure it had to be blocked, but imagine my surprise. We're actually going back to do it again this coming January. Probably my last goofy though. The training is pretty rough on those.

Thanks. I'm pretty ready to know one way or the other.

Actually, it does. I was trying to pick an email address a couple of years ago and everything was taken. My wife and I had just done the goofy challenge for the first time, and so I tried that. I was pretty sure it had to be blocked, but imagine my surprise. We're actually going back to do it again this coming January. Probably my last goofy though. The training is pretty rough on those.
Thanks. I'm pretty ready to know one way or the other.

Wow! I'm doing the race this January, too! My sister and I will be doing it together. It will be my first, and most likely my last. As you said, the training is intense!

Good luck to you on the run. When we did our first one, it was probably one of the more rewarding experiences I've had.

The second one I did was rough though. I'd gotten sick and was dosed up on Nyquil, among other things. I started seeing crazy things. At one point I swear I was running UNDER a pond. Ok, that actually happens, but it was a pretty brutal race. Have either of you done a marathon at Disney? There are a few engineering vistas thrown in along the route. Most notable is Disney's sewage treatment plant. You could say it's the most magical poo plant on earth. But I probably wouldn't advise it.

I'm really looking forward to it.

:p10940623:

Neither one of us have done a Disney event. She lives in Chicago and I live in Phoenix.

It sounds like quite the adventure! I'll be looking forward to the most magical poo on earth.

:Locolaugh:

It'll be great bragging rights. Nobody asks what the time was. They just get hung up on the mileage. No place like Disney for a good family get together, and it's a pretty decent marathon. Beware the miles between Animal Kingdom and MGM.

Back