MD Result (Oct.2009)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yingli

Reaction score
It seems we have to wait until next year to get the result.

Any information?

It seems we have to wait until next year to get the result.
Any information?
Maryland's results were posted on the DLLR website on January 6th 2009, 74 days after the exam.
This time I do not see any changes to that.... I am expecting results in the week of 4th to 8th January. It would be really surprising to see any earlier than that!

Just making sure that our thread remains on first page.... Results will be out first week of january! Sounds good to me... Enjoy and celebrate holidays and than celebrate again or start studies!

I don't understand why the state doesn’t using NCEE's cutting score as the state's cutting score. So, it becomes easier and saves overhead cost.

It is big snowing!!!

the state cut-off score is the same as NCEES cut-off passing score.. its just that MD board are a bunch of most efficient fellas among all boards.. they are making sure that the results from NCEES are protected from the foot and half of pounding snow!!!

I appeared for Oct 2009 exam with MD board, in Civil discipline.

Based on the results announced so far, can some one write the score at which other passed the Civil discipline exam?

I appeared for Oct 2009 exam with MD board, in Civil discipline. Based on the results announced so far, can some one write the score at which other passed the Civil discipline exam?
Score is a very vague term in PE exams... There are two types of scores... Scaled score and raw score.. Scaled score is always 70. raw score is the one that could be found out from Texas and Virginia board forums as they are the states which provides the actual scaled score for everyone.

I appeared for Oct 2009 exam with MD board, in Civil discipline. Based on the results announced so far, can some one write the score at which other passed the Civil discipline exam?
as mentioned, 70 is the minimum passing scaled score.. and a raw score of about 50/80 will get u there.. but that's not a given.. also depends on the afternoon portion that u attempt.. harder it is, lower the raw cut-off score..

It's too long to wait........................

Wish you all happy Holiday!!!!

Score is a very vague term in PE exams... There are two types of scores... Scaled score and raw score.. Scaled score is always 70. raw score is the one that could be found out from Texas and Virginia board forums as they are the states which provides the actual scaled score for everyone.
I thought TX and VA gave you the scaled score, not the raw score. Above you say raw score can be found out because the states provide the actual scaled score... that doesn't make sense to me.

I thought TX and VA gave you the scaled score, not the raw score. Above you say raw score can be found out because the states provide the actual scaled score... that doesn't make sense to me.
Here is the Old Dominion we our what I have to assume are the scaled scores. I don't think that anyone really wants to know how many they missed. It's probably rather disheartening.

as mentioned, 70 is the minimum passing scaled score.. and a raw score of about 50/80 will get u there.. but that's not a given.. also depends on the afternoon portion that u attempt.. harder it is, lower the raw cut-off score..
I appreciate your reply. I wrote Civil in the morning session and Structures in the afternoon session. I think afternoon session was tough and harder, this is what I see others saying. Based on this, what do you think should be the raw score? Is it Ok to consider say in the range of 50 to 52 out of 80? Please reply.

I appreciate your reply. I wrote Civil in the morning session and Structures in the afternoon session. I think afternoon session was tough and harder, this is what I see others saying. Based on this, what do you think should be the raw score? Is it Ok to consider say in the range of 50 to 52 out of 80? Please reply.
I am a structures guy too, but somehow ended up writing Geotech in afternoon. I did look at the Structures questions during the exam, and let me tell you, they were not even half as hard as the Geotech. I saw 9 questions, and I knew it would take less than 5 minutes total to solve those 9. I could not since I kept the codes in the car during the exam break. But as you said, somehow some of my colleagues also told me that it was tough. I don't know why though, since most of the Structures guys I talked to told me they blasted the exam. Traditionally, people say that you will get a raw score of 70 if u get 49/80. But it depends on a lot of things, so keep your fingers crossed and pray for the best. I am too, and its difficult for me, since I am also kicking myself for not writing Structural in the depth portion. Anyways, for you, the results will be in the first working week of January. Have a good luck.

I am a structures guy too, but somehow ended up writing Geotech in afternoon. I did look at the Structures questions during the exam, and let me tell you, they were not even half as hard as the Geotech. I saw 9 questions, and I knew it would take less than 5 minutes total to solve those 9. I could not since I kept the codes in the car during the exam break. But as you said, somehow some of my colleagues also told me that it was tough. I don't know why though, since most of the Structures guys I talked to told me they blasted the exam. Traditionally, people say that you will get a raw score of 70 if u get 49/80. But it depends on a lot of things, so keep your fingers crossed and pray for the best. I am too, and its difficult for me, since I am also kicking myself for not writing Structural in the depth portion. Anyways, for you, the results will be in the first working week of January. Have a good luck.
I really appreciate your descriptive reply. It has answered all of my questions and has cleared the doubts I had. I again thank you for reliving me of some pressure about the outcome of the results, which we should have it in the first week of January 2010.

I really appreciate your descriptive reply. It has answered all of my questions and has cleared the doubts I had. I again thank you for reliving me of some pressure about the outcome of the results, which we should have it in the first week of January 2010.

Back