PA results?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
anyone else waiting on pennsylvania results? will i be able to find them online when they come out or do i just have to wait to get something in the mail? i'm getting nervous...

An email i sent Friday and reply

They are sent via postal service.

----- Original Message -----

To: [email protected]

Sent: Friday, December 11, 2009 10:12:46 AM

Subject: PA Exam Results

Does EES email PE exam results for Pennsylvania, or are they sent only via the postal service?

We will have to wait for them in the mail. PA won't even post the results on their license search until a month after we get the results. A buddy of mine got his passing letter early January 2008 and his license was issued 2/8/2008.

I'm waiting for PE Civil results... my coworkers who took previous October exams got theirs on December 24th (2008) and December 23rd (2006). Here's hoping it's by the 24th this year!

I'm waiting for PE Civil results... my coworkers who took previous October exams got theirs on December 24th (2008) and December 23rd (2006). Here's hoping it's by the 24th this year!
Judging from previous years PA has been 10-15 days after the first results came out. So if we get them by Christmas we will be lucky (or unlucky depending on how you did).

Waiting on the Mining/Mineral Processing results!

Kestairs - could be a great Christmas gift or a lump of coal :D

My guesstimate would be December 29th.....

Judging from previous years PA has been 10-15 days after the first results came out. So if we get them by Christmas we will be lucky (or unlucky depending on how you did).

What is needed to make PA a direct notification state??! I mean if Ohio can be, what is the problem? :) LOL

I agree with the frustration of having to wait for the mail - WTF? even if they stated that the email was unofficial, at least we'd have a clue. And I would be happy with the 29th, I just can't imagine waiting until 2010! I want to close this decade out knowing if the torture continues into the next.

I'm in total agreement! My only issue is that I don't have the luxury (if you call it that) of being able to take the exam in April. Bad news makes me suffer for another year (results for Oct 10)!

I'm sure we won't get anything today but an OT win over the Flyers is a good enough gift going into the weekend.

i hope the snow doesn't halt the postal service. christmas seems like nothing compared to waiting for the results. i'd pay top dollar to have had the results overnighted.

I'm a Flyers fan married to a Pens fan, so I won't comment on any of that. I would pay a good amount of money to expedite the results. Maybe that's a way PA could help budget issues

If I understand other states correctly, it would seem as though the cost for the direct notification is only $25! I certainly would pay that just to avoid the additional waiting!

Makes it even worse now knowing and watching other ppl from "progressive" states get their results already....

If I understand other states correctly, it would seem as though the cost for the direct notification is only $25! I certainly would pay that just to avoid the additional waiting!
Makes it even worse now knowing and watching other ppl from "progressive" states get their results already....
I am from MD and beleive me I feel your pain! I don't think it is just money that is a problem.. To change the way of working in any state office is really difficult.... They want to work in the same old way. I am pretty sure each and everyone of us will be ready to pay upto $50 more if that would mean that our state becomes direct notification state. But the problem becomes when that $50 goes to some third party (ELSES) instead of state... So state do not have anything to gain and on the other side they may have to fire some people!

So, I got this reply from the PA board after I asked them if they have yet received the results:

"The testing agency has 90 days to inform us of pass scores and we have an additional 60 days to issue a license.

Meg Greco

Reviewing Officer

STATE BOARD FOR PROFESSIONAL ENGINEERS,LAND SURVEYORS AND GEOLOGIST

PO BOX 2649

HARRISBURG PA 17105

[email protected]

[email protected]"

translation...........we'll get to it when we're ready and you'll have to deal!

Ouch. That is a firm response. They should fire him and become direct notification.

So, I got this reply from the PA board after I asked them if they have yet received the results:
"The testing agency has 90 days to inform us of pass scores and we have an additional 60 days to issue a license.

Meg Greco

Reviewing Officer

STATE BOARD FOR PROFESSIONAL ENGINEERS,LAND SURVEYORS AND GEOLOGIST

PO BOX 2649

HARRISBURG PA 17105

[email protected]

[email protected]"

translation...........we'll get to it when we're ready and you'll have to deal!
If you noticed, he doesn't have PE by his name. So he has no idea what this is all about. If he had any idea he could have just said "no we don't have any result yet" and that would have been waaaayyy nicer.

I just spoke to another PA PE who took the exam ~2 yrs. ago........he told me that the indicated response day would be the 29th of December, however; he got the good news on Christmas eve! :bio:

Heres to a great Christmas present to all of us!! :beerchug:

i hope you are right! i called the office on friday and the lady said the 90 day response. i think they have the schpeel taped to the phone and tell it to anyone who calls.

come on results in 2009!!!

i hope you are right! i called the office on friday and the lady said the 90 day response. i think they have the schpeel taped to the phone and tell it to anyone who calls.
come on results in 2009!!!
There is no use calling the board. The results get sent to us the same time as the board by a third party testing company (EES). Which is why I still don't understand how direct notification can be more expensive than having a third party mail us a letter?

Back