VA Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
in 2007 the results were posted on 1/3 and in 2008 it was 1/6. so we should probably expect it sometime the week of January 4th.

in 2007 the results were posted on 1/3 and in 2008 it was 1/6. so we should probably expect it sometime the week of January 4th.

yes, best wishes to all of you in VA.

I was part of the group last year and I know how it is waiting - i used to check here several times a day in anticipation. But, it will be here before you know it.

I took the Fire Protection PE in October. 1st time. The wait is ridiculous...

Is there any way for me to look up fire protection PEs in VA? I was wondering how many there are around.

Let me preface this by saying I hate what this exam does to me!

I was just looking at the DPOR website and the next APELSCIDLA Board Meeting is scheduled for 12/16/09. The next meeting after that is scheduled for 2/3/10. Maybe results will be coming out sooner this year to catch up with other states? I doubt it but it sure would be nice to find out approximately three weeks sooner, especially if I was able to pull a passing score out of my butt.

The board does not have to approve the test scores. They go with the recommended passing score from NCEES. The first week of January is pretty accurate. Make sure that your rules and regulations take home test is submitted or you will be in for an unpleasant suprise. Good luck to everyone, especially you TranspoVA!

The board does not have to approve the test scores. They go with the recommended passing score from NCEES. The first week of January is pretty accurate. Make sure that your rules and regulations take home test is submitted or you will be in for an unpleasant suprise. Good luck to everyone, especially you TranspoVA!

What take home Exam ...I took the PE in Oct 09 and never did take home exam can somone explain please ..thanks

What take home Exam ...I took the PE in Oct 09 and never did take home exam can somone explain please ..thanks
You are required to complete and send in a test on the rulles and regulations in Virginia. I got mine after the exam, before the results. I would reccomend checking on things with DPOR.

Here is a little info on the DPOR website, they add comity licenses all the time so you want to look for a large jump in the number of licensees (like 75-150). You can check the number of licensees by searching for PE's and putting an * in the name box. I got 29321 this morning so look for a significant jump. They load all of the passers at once and early in the morning is the only time they update the info. The best way is to search for your name every morning and then search for the total number, if the total has jumped and your name is not there you did not make it, if you passed your name will poped up when searched for.

It is also best not to call DPOR, it just pisses them off. The results ate typically loaded a day or so after they recieve them.

Best of luck!

It was this mulitple choice thing about the exam rules, regs, and stuff like that. Pretty straight forward. I believe you can complete it after the fact and get your score, altough delayed.

I received mine after they reviewed my application but before I was approved. This has been their process for at least a year or so.

Thanks alot! And this is correct...if you pass your NCEES exam you will not be granted a license until you pass the ethics and rules test. Which I have to say that I did pass that one on the first try (insert huge pat on the back here). DPOR will be able to tell you if took the test...your application package is not complete until you mail it back in...

Good luck to everyone...we are down to the wire

I applied for the exam a year ago and I just looked through my files and I found that I already took the rulles and regulations exam and passed. This is my first time taking the PE exam and I very nervous and tired of waiting for the results. I wish you the best.

I just looked up the DPOR website and the number went up from 29321 yesterday to 29322 today who is that lucky guy, not me for sure my name is still showing "0"...Anyone out there looking ...I was hoping that they will post all results at once. At least it seems like the result is coming out soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just looked up the DPOR website and the number went up from 29321 yesterday to 29322 today who is that lucky guy, not me for sure my name is still showing "0"...Anyone out there looking ...I was hoping that they will post all results at once. At least it seems like the result is coming out soon.
They do post the names of those that passed all at one time. The reason for the additional PE is probably due to comity.

i just checked DPOR and the total # of PE's is up to 29340... thats a 20 person jump! I doubt only 20 people passed but why the jump all of a sudden?? i hope they haven't posted the results yet b/c my name was definitely not on there....

Last edited by a moderator:
I checked all the zip codes in the Lynchburg area including mine and they are the same number of licenses as a few weeks ago.

The number is up again to 29,340....Still waitting..!!!!! :p10940623:
Where is this number? I went on the site and it makes me enter search criteria...that is, I can't just search for the number of engineers in VA.

You can check the number of licensees by searching for PE's and putting an * in the name box.

Back