EB.com BIGGEST LOSER

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DVINNY

2-time 10K winner
Reaction score
Teams are now divided, ground rules will be posted shortly. This will be the official thread to track progress.

Diets basically start NOW.

The end of this contest is April 16, 2010 which is the next PE exam date. That way, the countdown ticker will keep the contestants reminded as well.

EB.com BIGGEST LOSER
TEAM 1 MEMBERS (VTEnviro)Starting Wt.Current Wt.Goal Wt.TEAM 2 MEMBERS (DVINNY)Starting Wt.Current Wt.Goal Wt.timmyutah255255200humner290283211FLBuff PE195190175Frazil135130125Capt Worley PE215211175klk155155125csb169166150MechGuy185185165Road Guy230230200OSUguy98215212175CbusPaul210204175Supe200199175soboman52220217185TouchDown195191165klmccllg?????????Dleg185185170StructuralPoke218218.4190
Next step for contestants to PM your \\\'Coach\\\' and find out about how to email BEFORE pics. These may never be used, but it would be nice to collect them now so that IF A CONTESTANT WANTS TO, we can put up a before and after when the contest ends. Pics are to be clothed please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, my wife called. She bought a CASE of M&M cookies because they are on sale. CoachDV, is it OK to pound down a cool dozen of those with about 1/2 gallon of milk tonight? I'm thinking of doing 10 situps - that should cover it right?

Oh, my wife called. She bought a CASE of M&M cookies because they are on sale. CoachDV, is it OK to pound down a cool dozen of those with about 1/2 gallon of milk tonight? I'm thinking of doing 10 situps - that should cover it right?
Oh boy, here we go.

I seem to recall that a different kind of pounding burns more calories...
ZING!!!

I thought we agreed it was better to ream the joint rather than screw it or pound it?
of track already..... didn't take long. LOL

I walked four miles this morning!
I match your 4 miles with 3.2 in 30 minutes on the treadmill before bed last night.

As DK always said, BIO!

So, one thing that got me thinking about losing weight recently and made me ask the original question... My brother came back for a surprise visit for my Mom. I hadn't seen him in over a year, he's 10 years older than me... and he looked 10X healthier than me. He said he went to a hyptnotist that helped him not want to go and gorge on chocolate. A guy out of Denver somewhere. Said it worked for him.

I have the inner voice already and uaually feel guilty after eating something I know I shouldn't. Now that I'm working out. My inner voice is adding calories in my head. I really don't want to eat that junk anymore because it would negate those 30 minutes on the treadmill. It's a good feeling knowing I'm getting some of my ability to say "no" back. Don't get me wrong, I'm having cake on my daughter's birthday. I'm not going cold turkey. But I DO NOT need a candybar every freaking day after lunch.

Excellent!

I match your 4 miles with 3.2 in 30 minutes on the treadmill before bed last night.

As DK always said, BIO!

So, one thing that got me thinking about losing weight recently and made me ask the original question... My brother came back for a surprise visit for my Mom. I hadn't seen him in over a year, he's 10 years older than me... and he looked 10X healthier than me. He said he went to a hyptnotist that helped him not want to go and gorge on chocolate. A guy out of Denver somewhere. Said it worked for him.

I have the inner voice already and uaually feel guilty after eating something I know I shouldn't. Now that I'm working out. My inner voice is adding calories in my head. I really don't want to eat that junk anymore because it would negate those 30 minutes on the treadmill. It's a good feeling knowing I'm getting some of my ability to say "no" back. Don't get me wrong, I'm having cake on my daughter's birthday. I'm not going cold turkey. But I DO NOT need a candybar every freaking day after lunch.
Excellent x 2!

I am starting slowly, if you can call it that. Last Saturday, I helped my FIL backfill an extension to his parking area. The extension consists of an approximately 10' high tie-wal, filled with soil, topped off with roadbase. I shoveled dirt for about 4 hours straight. Then Sunday night and last night I started doing situps. I am trying to remind myself that I can't go all out yet, so I am starting with 30 situps. I am going to bring the bike and indoor trainer into work next week, where it will live this winter.

My old gym suddenly closed shop. So I had to find a new one quick. I had done cardio there a couple times but last night was the first time lifting.

Free weights are the same all over. But many of the machines were just slightly different and worked the muscles a little differently. I'm sore as hell today.

The mrs. wanted to play the Wii with me last night, but I could barely lift my arms.

uphill both ways in the snow with no shoes?
I didn't say I was headed to school! It was still icy and only about 20 degrees and DARK and there were lots of hills (5% grade average), but I was wearing some sneakers. Although, my husband told me the other day I have trucker feet, so I suppose I could go barefoot...

I was on the help the FIL exercise plan this weekend as well...we split and stacked 5 to 6 cords of wood. Instead of riding in the truck or on the four wheeler, I'd make the walk between the splitting site and the stacking site. I'm still feeling that, but it was a good match to Thanksgiving.

I think tonight I'll pull out the pilates DVD. We'll see if I have the time to do it.

And this is going to sound stupid, but has anyone ever done the walking video series? I used it via On Demand on cable where the lady has you walk the equivalent of a mile just in the living room. I thought it was going to be really easy and dumb, but it's not bad at all. Good option for people with no gym/treadmill.

And this is going to sound stupid, but has anyone ever done the walking video series? I used it via On Demand on cable where the lady has you walk the equivalent of a mile just in the living room. I thought it was going to be really easy and dumb, but it's not bad at all. Good option for people with no gym/treadmill.

I forgot that OD has exercise vids. May have to give it a whirl. MIAF's daughter loves exercising, so she'll probably be jumping around off to the side.

That aside, my no sugar deal is going well. Haven't had a sugary drink, candy, or anything other than breakfast cereal with any sugar in it besides fruit. Also noticing that I'm getting hungry more often, but am content with smaller portions. Also, half of my meal always consists of a salad now, so it makes me fuller, quicker.

Back