GTScott

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

GTScott

I did not even see the intro forum...shows how far shot my mind is.

Anyway, I was directed here from the "the other board" forums by (IIRC) RoadGuy. What a great place!

I am a CE with a BSCE from Georgia Tech and my MSCE in Geotech from Georgia Tech. I work in Atlanta at a consulting firm doing mainly hydraulics.

I am taking the PE in October (save me!) for the first time.

When not buried in books, I am a car guy with my main interests being in late model Italian cars.

-GT

Welcome bro. You taking the PM geotech exam? Given your master's that'd be my guess.

I just took the PE in Vermont in April. I took the environmental exam, but I do a lot mainly site design and public works at work.

Seeing as the PE appears to be more of a final exam than a real practical examination, I am going with geotech. While I have not touched the stuff since finishing my masters, I do believe that I am more likely to pass in that area than in Water Resources.

Did you take the complete ENV test or just the ENV afternoon? I heard from someone that the ENV test (ENV I or whatever it is called) is a real interesting one.

Vermont...I hear it is gorgeous up there. I am thinking of spending New Years up that way.

Yeah, the PE exam is basically a final exam more than a practical. My bachelors and masters were in environmental, so I took the full blown environmental exam.

The envl exam is definitely a bit different than the other disciplines. It's 100 questions instead of 80. There are a lot of qualitative questions.

OSHA regs, Superfund law, regulatory standards for water, air, etc.

It's really broad. It's not so much knowing a particular discipline in and out, as much as it is knowing a little bit about a lot of topics.

And yeah, Vermont is gorgeous. The foliage is particularly nice this year. It's been slowly turning for weeks, and is still the earlier stages by me. It will probably peak out in about 2 weeks, but right now we have some lovely oranges and yellows.

New Year's is nice here, just totally frozen. It's nice to see quaint old norther New England decorated up for the holidays.

Scott, what year did you get your BS? I'm also a GT grad.

Anyways, you guys are funny. one post, you're talking about cars and the next, you're talking about the lovely foliage. :)

Back