Atmospheric pressure with respect to Mean Sea Level

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alpha

Reaction score
I am finding several questions in the WR breadth and depth that use atmospheric pressure at a certain elevation wrt mean sea level, but there is no ref table in the CERM and any books that I have.

Does anyone have a link to some table that I could print and bring?

Thanks in advance.

I am finding several questions in the WR breadth and depth that use atmospheric pressure at a certain elevation wrt mean sea level, but there is no ref table in the CERM and any books that I have.

Thanks in advance.
Take a look here... but would you share a problem or two? I can't imagine how the small changes in pressure would make a difference in the type of problems you're talking about. Are you sure it's not a distraction?

Thanks in advance.
ATM Pressure (ft H2O)=33.9*exp[-0.0104*H/(273+T)],where, H=Altitude in feet, T temperature in 0C.

This equation will give you exact enough results for different T and H values, although I doubt you will ever need this equation in the exam.

Back