Bizarre test rules

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benbo

Reaction score
Anybody remember any bizarre testing rules? In California, exam instructions forbid exam takers from wearing hats with brims or bills.

:dunno:

ours were pretty decent in Georgia

They even let me run out to my car to get my calculator 5 minutes before the test started :true:

Last edited by a moderator:
They were real reasonable in Vermont. The only thing they cracked down on was multiple people using the men's room at the same time, because you could potentially discuss answers. Fair enough.

They were fine with food and drinks and brought more pencils and stuff if you needed them pretty promptly.

They walked around the room periodically making sure no one was breaking the rules, but it wasn't real obtrusive.

I had a dream one time that I could either take the test naked and use my references or take it clothed but have to leave my references outside.

I decided to take it naked because I figured I could just drape a book over my fun parts so people wouldn't be able to see them.

It does get kinda cold around here, but I really want to use my references, so I hope when I take the test next month this doesn't happen.

+1

I had a dream one time that I could either take the test naked and use my references or take it clothed but have to leave my references outside.
I decided to take it naked because I figured I could just drape a book over my fun parts so people wouldn't be able to see them.

It does get kinda cold around here, but I really want to use my references, so I hope when I take the test next month this doesn't happen.

Fudgey-

Would you be using the 6 minutes solutions, "Civil Engineering in A Flash", or a pocket handbook for your masking purposes? Or would it be Structural Timber Design?

Well I'm thinking I wouldn't want anything too heavy or pointy, that might kinda hurt.

Also, I'd probably use something that I didn't plan to use often on the test. Otherwise I'd have to keep finding something else to cover up with and that would be distracting and take time.

I've got an obscure hydrology manual that I think would work well. It's called "Urban Hydrology for Small Watersheds".

Since I'd be using it to cover up my own little watershed, I think it's appropriate.

Back