Whats up from ATL

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mysterious

Reaction score
just a hello from the ATL

get this, i applied to take the PE thinking i would get my application in early for the April exam and the board approved me to take it this October, i got 7 weeks! should i even try? or lose one of my 4 chances.

I'd say 7 weeks is certainly enough time that it's worth giving it a shot.

When did you send the application to take the PE?

When did you pass the FE?

I would go ahead and take it if you recently passed the FE, or if you feel that comfortable with the material. Seven weeks seems to be plenty. I wish I had sent in my application.

I sent my application in near the end of July. I received my letter the first week of September. I passed the FE about 4 years ago, I am pretty comfortable if the test is anything like the problems in my text books.

All the other advice i've been given is that 7 weeks is enough time also, now i just have to pick between transpo and geotech.

just a hello from the ATL
get this, i applied to take the PE thinking i would get my application in early for the April exam and the board approved me to take it this October, i got 7 weeks! should i even try? or lose one of my 4 chances.
I'd definitely say go for it. Some people study only one month. Even if you don't pass, you strike me as someone responsible and who would be able to buckle down and study hard for the next few weeks.... I mean look how early you sent in your application! I'm sure you'd never have to take it 4 times.

One drawback is if you have to still order books, references, and manuals and wait for them to arrive. Since you are on a compressed time frame, I'd also suggest taking a few days off before the exam to really just focus on that and that alone.

Good luck!

P.S. I don't live there anymore, but hope you're enjoying Atlanta!

Thanks for all the input, i have been studying and the hoping and wishing and praying and all that...

So far i feel ok, depends on how much reinforced concrete is on the morning and how difficult the depth is.

Back