Photo

This is mostly a forum for PE Prep so...

11 replies to this topic

#1 JoeysVee

JoeysVee

MASTER SPAMMER!

• Charter Member
  • 869 posts
  • Discipline:Mechanical

Posted 07 July 2009 - 02:18 AM

I think we should bring the other main disciplines out of subforum status within the PE Prep Forum and make them their own forum like the Civil forum is currently. I think treating Mech, Elect, and Struc different from Civil decreases the number of threads by those other disciplines.

ie. It doesn't make much sense that Mech has it's own forum under Tech Discussions but does not have it's own PE Exam Forum ....after all Engineerboards is a PE exam prep forum more than anything.

If I were king for a day this is what I would do....I would make PE Exam Results a subforum under Anything About the PE Exam Forum, and put Leed......., and EIT/FE Exam subforums under a new Catagory called Other Exams. Then I would make all disciplines (Civil, Mech, Elect, Struc) their own forum under Exam Discussion and get rid of the PE Exam Prep Forum section. So under Exam Discussion you would have the following forums:

Anything About the PE Exam (Subforums: PE Exam Results, Links and Saved Threads, Prep Class/Study Material Review)
Civil PE Prep (Subforums: Water Resources/Enviro, Transportation, Geotech, Construction, etc)
Mech PE Prep
Elect PE Prep
Struct PE prep
Other Disciplines PE Prep

Add a forum called Other Exams (Subforums: Leed......., and EIT/FE Exam)

Delete Exam Prep Forum

I think that would be best. bananapowerslide.gif

#2 JoeysVee

JoeysVee

MASTER SPAMMER!

• Charter Member
  • 869 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 02:29 PM

Or may not...lol

I wonder if the powers that be have considered this? Thanks guys!

#3 DVINNY

DVINNY

2-time 10K winner

• Admin
  • 14,618 posts
  • Discipline:Civil

Posted 15 July 2009 - 06:50 PM

I read it, does that count?

biggrin.gif

really, we had it that way for a while, but there was so many forums, that you'd have to scroll for an hour to get to Shoot the Breeze.
We are not trying to discriminate, honest.

#4 JoeysVee

JoeysVee

MASTER SPAMMER!

• Charter Member
  • 869 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 09:15 PM

I hear ya. I wont make a fuss. Seems like the purpose of this board has changed. Oh well, maybe it's just me. Thanks for the consideration.

#5 roadwreck

roadwreck

Probie-one, PE

• Moderators
  • 9,609 posts
  • Discipline:Sorely Lacking

Posted 20 July 2009 - 01:03 AM

I vote we move Shoot the Breeze to the top of the board. wink.gif

#6 maryannette

maryannette

Wise One

• Charter Member
  • 10,595 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 01:06 AM

I admit that I don't participate in the technical threads ... maybe on rare occasions. I do offer encouragement for test-takers. Other than that, I spam.

#7 Dleg

Dleg

Veteran

• EB Supporting Member
  • 14,706 posts
  • Discipline:Enviro

Posted 31 July 2009 - 12:23 AM

I think what you suggest makes sense, but once you get used to the format you don't really think about it anymore. And by "you" I mean "me". I always just go into the "PE Exam - Disciplines" forum or whatever, and look to see if there's anything new in Environmental.

I don't feel bad or discriminated against or anything because the over-privileged Civils seem to have their own executive lounge. Nope, not at all.

#8 DVINNY

DVINNY

2-time 10K winner

• Admin
  • 14,618 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 04:58 PM

oh geesshhh..

I'll take it to Tribal Council for cryin' out loud

#9 FLBuff PE

FLBuff PE

Multi-disciplinary engineer

• Veteran
  • 10,435 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, skiing, homebrew, cooking
  • Discipline:Sorely Lacking

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE (Dleg @ Jul 30 2009, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think what you suggest makes sense, but once you get used to the format you don't really think about it anymore. And by "you" I mean "me". I always just go into the "PE Exam - Disciplines" forum or whatever, and look to see if there's anything new in Environmental.

I don't feel bad or discriminated against or anything because the over-privileged Civils seem to have their own executive lounge. Nope, not at all.

QUOTE (DVINNY @ Jul 31 2009, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
oh geesshhh..

I'll take it to Tribal Council for cryin' out loud

Don't worry about Island/Future/Cabana Boy, DV. He's just feeling isolated from the rest of us.

#10 Chucktown PE

Chucktown PE

Veteran

• Supporting Member
  • 6,241 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:57 PM

Wait.......this is mostly a forum for PE prep?

#11 sschell_PE

sschell_PE

Dude?

• Charter Member
  • 8,379 posts
  • Interests:80085

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:57 PM

I just use view new posts and ignore the forum... usually that does not cause me any problems...

#12 JoeysVee

JoeysVee

MASTER SPAMMER!

• Charter Member
  • 869 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE (sschell_PE @ Jul 31 2009, 01:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just use view new posts and ignore the forum... usually that does not cause me any problems...

This is what I have to do too since it's a pain to dig around in subforums.

I really think changing it would make the Mechanical PE prep forum, for example, more visible and may encourage more people to post. If you make the changes I outlined in the first post of this thread, I don't think it would make the list of forums any longer since it would be combining a few.

You could also make the "suggestion box" and "I got deleted" forums a subforum under "introduce yourself".

I think we should do the following...

Make PE Exam Results a subforum under Anything About the PE Exam Forum, and put Leed......., and EIT/FE Exam subforums under a new Catagory called Other Exams. Then I would make all disciplines (Civil, Mech, Elect, Struc) their own forum under Exam Discussion and get rid of the PE Exam Prep Forum section. So under Exam Discussion you would have the following forums:

Anything About the PE Exam (Subforums: PE Exam Results, Links and Saved Threads, Prep Class/Study Material Review)
Civil PE Prep (Subforums: Water Resources/Enviro, Transportation, Geotech, Construction, etc)
Mech PE Prep
Elect PE Prep
Struct PE prep
Other Disciplines PE Prep

Add a forum called Other Exams (Subforums: Leed......., and EIT/FE Exam)

Delete Exam Prep Forum

party-smiley-048.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

=