Virginia Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FINK_RB_PE

Chief Engineer
Reaction score
Fellow Virginia Test Takers:

I, in my obsession over the October 07 test results, believe I have found some info on how to search the DPOR website. Instead of searching for Smith or John the search will work with wildcard characters, so for example, in the name box type 04024* this will return all licenses from 040240000-040249999. If you compare your search results with the data below and see a large increase in the number of liscenses then the results are in. When I got my LS in Virginia I also found out the following info:

1. Look at your acceptance letter for the exam, at the top there is a canidate number, that will be your license.

2. The update of the database is done at once, not over several days.

3. There was a 6 day turnaround from the time the test results was recieved by PCS untill the database was updated, but that was in June.

4. Waiting Sucks!

DPOR License Data from Searches:

040204* - 3351

0402043* - 623

04020436* - 60

It is essential that you put the 0402 infront of your License number (the designation for engineers).

Good luck to all!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Fink and VA tesk takers,

Good Job on the research. Haven't tried it out yet! However, just talked to one lady over at NCEES examination department for VA section (9:30 am: 12/17) with regards to PE results. According to her, the results are usually distributed according to alphabetical order (states names, didn't seem logical to me. If it were true we would've seen Alabama's results instead of SC!) and she hasn't received the results yet! she is expecting the VA results to be ready for the mail during the week of christmas. Also, the DPOR LICENSE LOOK UP link will be upgraded, the day the results will be mailed out.

Anyway, I think the fellow VA test takers will be relieved (or maybe not!)a little bit after receiving this new bit of info.

By the way, it's my first time posting something on this site and the more i'm studying this site the better I feel about it!

Good Luck to you all!

Fellow Virginia Test Takers:
I, in my obsession over the October 07 test results, believe I have found some info on how to search the DPOR website. Instead of searching for Smith or John the search will work with wildcard characters, so for example, in the name box type 04024* this will return all licenses from 040240000-040249999. If you compare your search results with the data below and see a large increase in the number of liscenses then the results are in. When I got my LS in Virginia I also found out the following info:

1. Look at your acceptance letter for the exam, at the top there is a canidate number, that will be your license.

2. The update of the database is done at once, not over several days.

3. There was a 6 day turnaround from the time the test results was recieved by PCS untill the database was updated, but that was in June.

4. Waiting Sucks!

DPOR License Data from Searches:

040204* - 3351

0402043* - 623

04020436* - 60

It is essential that you put the 0402 infront of your License number (the designation for engineers).

Good luck to all!!
YO!!!!!!!! What the ****??? You are not doing this at work are you? LOL! Charge that time to the Magnum PI/ McGyver investigation Report.

YO!!!!!!!! What the ****??? You are not doing this at work are you? LOL! Charge that time to the Magnum PI/ McGyver investigation Report.
No, I have been dealing with DPOR for a while on surveying licenses for me and my dad so I have been on there site quite a bit, that and I am kind of a computer geek.

If you go to VA website and start searching on the latest numbers it shows certification dates from Oct/Nov/Dec 2007.

Have they already started inputing results? Anyone have any thoughts. I couldn't get thru on the phone to VA DPOR.

This is try Numebr 2 for me! I'm going nuts!

I spoke with someone at EES who said that they do not have results, then I spoke with NCEES and she said that she did not know if VA had been sent out yet but a friend of mine got his SIT results yesterday so it is kinnd of a crap shoot right now in VA.

Anyone have an idea when VA will start updating their website with the results?

^^^ He is telling the truth! For some reason, P.E. results always seem to be the last to be released/updated.

JR

SapperPE said:
Folks, I hate to be the guy to say it, but I swear, you should plan on the results coming after the first of Jan. The surveyor results are always quicker by a few weeks.
Thank you. **** it!! :brickwall:

I just spoke with a guy at EES and he said that they have the exam results but did not know if they had been printed off or sent, but they have not been sent to the board so drink heavily over the holidays and mabye they will go by fast! :hung-037:

Historically, fall results in Virginia have been posted right before New Years. Look for them late next week 29th or the following Monday the 31st.

Hey everyone, new poster here. I have been lurking on this board for awhile, patiently awaiting VA results. Good luck to everyone!

:deadhorse: Like Fink, I have been pinging the DPOR website on an hourly basis.

The highest license number I found was by searching 04020443* with two listings, the highest number is 0402044323. By searching all of 0402044* (all of the 44,000 block) there are only 184 names.

An annoyed PE co-worker just called the DPOR today (12/27/2007) and they said that they do not even have the results yet, let alone processed/updated the database/ or mailed them.

Good luck to all (a little to late for that I guess).

:brickwall:

:deadhorse: Like Fink, I have been pinging the DPOR website on an hourly basis.
The highest license number I found was by searching 04020443* with two listings, the highest number is 0402044323. By searching all of 0402044* (all of the 44,000 block) there are only 184 names.

An annoyed PE co-worker just called the DPOR today (12/27/2007) and they said that they do not even have the results yet, let alone processed/updated the database/ or mailed them.

Good luck to all (a little to late for that I guess).

:brickwall:
That is a standard "programmed" response - I took the test in April 07. I called the day before they were released online and got the same answer.

My guess is results will be available tomorrow or Monday - 12/31

Back