Forum Suggestions

8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_jartgo_*

Guest_jartgo_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 December 2007 - 04:22 PM

I'd like to suggest taking all the "exam results" post and make a separate place for those so that they aren't mixed in with all the "anything about the PE exam" questions. This boards apparently gets really busy around results time and I was thinking that it might benefit the folks studying to not have to wade through all the results posts.

I'd also like to suggest and place for folks to post a "what worked" topic. That is, the folks that passed could post what they did to prepare in an effort to give others some direction in preparing. I haven't quite decided if this should be topic specific or not...that is, should the successful water resources takers post this in the water resources forum or in a general "success" forum? Thoughts? Probably sounds like I'm thinking about it too much, but I think organization is what makes a board like this work so well.

#2 Guest_LindaM_*

Guest_LindaM_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2007 - 04:26 PM

QUOTE (SapperPE @ Dec 23 2007, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We had discussed at one time the possibility of creating a results sub forum, but ultimately decided against it. I can't really remember the reason now, except maybe it was just because at the time there didn't seem to be a need for it as the board wasn't as popular then.

We do have several "What did you do right" type threads, and if you go to the FAQ thread (pinned at the top of the "Anything About PE Exam") you can click on the link to take you to those threads.

We have tried to make the FAQ thread the index of sorts for the "Anything About PE Exam" forum, because there is an awful lot of activity in it, and we realize it can get overwhelming. Personally, I like the idea of a results specific sub forum, but I have to get the concurrence of the other admins before we go for it.

I'd like to see a sub forum for "what you did right" Since I passed, I know I would post ideas that I used that made the exam easier for me.

#3 DVINNY

DVINNY

2-time 10K winner

• Admin
  • 14,618 posts
  • Discipline:Civil

Posted 26 December 2007 - 04:31 PM

hmmmmmm.. me thinkin'

#4 BORICUAZO

BORICUAZO

Project Manager

• 106 posts
  • Discipline:Mechanical

Posted 29 December 2007 - 01:06 AM

I'd like to suggest a live chat room!!!

#5 Road Guy

Road Guy

35 years and a wakeup

• Admin
  • 18,062 posts
  • Interests:Yoga Pants, Ski!, SCUBA, Backpacking, Kicking Ass, etc
  • Discipline:Construction

Posted 29 December 2007 - 11:43 PM

let me get through the holidays and we will do some tweaking.

I would like to clean up the general PE section and those are some good suggestions...

#6 Jen Evans

Jen Evans

Tattoo Girl, PE

• Veteran
  • 350 posts
  • Discipline:Civil

Posted 30 December 2007 - 02:39 AM

QUOTE (Guasabara @ Dec 28 2007, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Live chat...as if I didn't spend enough time on this board already...talking with you guys would cut down the amount of work I do during the day to zero.

Although...live chat may spur on Sapper's idea of someone on this board hooking up...

#7 jregieng

jregieng

Ninjaneer !!!

• Moderators
  • 11,833 posts
  • Discipline:Sorely Lacking

Posted 30 December 2007 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE (jenevans @ Dec 29 2007, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Although...live chat may spur on Sapper's idea of someone on this board hooking up...

lmao.gif lmao.gif

JR

#8 bigray76

bigray76

Food & Beverage Director

• Charter Member
  • 7,747 posts
  • Discipline:Construction

Posted 31 December 2007 - 06:02 PM

^^^I was thinking the same thing... we could open a pool to see who gets divorced and runs off with someone from EB.com first???

#9 mudpuppy

mudpuppy

Veteran

• Supporting Member
  • 6,371 posts
  • Discipline:Electrical

Posted 09 February 2008 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE (Guasabara @ Dec 28 2007, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It just occurred to me. . . the 5000 post thread is almost a live chat. Was that by design or just a happy accident?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

photo
=