New enviro members

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck! I took the exam 16 years out of college and passed, using the same "failure is not an option" goal as my motivator. You should do fine.

Good luck! I took the exam 16 years out of college and passed, using the same "failure is not an option" goal as my motivator. You should do fine.
Good luck to all as well. I think I will take that phrase as an inspiration/fear-instiller now. :)

For a while it has been "I don't want to have to do this again" whenever I got sick of studying.

Hi Everybody. I am an Environmental Engineer in the energy industry. 6.5 years out of school. Taking the Env Eng PE exam for the first time next month...I'm also currently 4 months pregnant, so I haven't been getting nearly as much studying done as I would like - been so tired. Basically, I'm taking a "do what I can" attitude for this one do the timing...

Good luck! I've got nothing in the way of advice for taking the exam pregnant, though, since that is simply impossible for me. But I do know of at least one person here on EB who took the exam at a much later stage in her pregnancy, and passed. You can do it!

Hi Everybody. I am an Environmental Engineer in the energy industry. 6.5 years out of school. Taking the Env Eng PE exam for the first time next month...I'm also currently 4 months pregnant, so I haven't been getting nearly as much studying done as I would like - been so tired. Basically, I'm taking a "do what I can" attitude for this one do the timing...
Wow, that's a great attitude - most people would not be willing to study and take the exam in that situation. I would struggle with sitting still for an 8 hour exam anyway, and if I was 5 months pregnant, that would just be painful.

Hope the studying, exam, and the pregnancy all go smoothly, and congratulations!

Hi all,

New to the forum. Just wanted to say thanks for the advice. Just got April 2010 exam results: passed on the first time (Washignton State)

Thanks again1

joeenv

Obviously a spelling section wasn't including in the exam!

joeenv

Hi all,
New to the forum. Just wanted to say thanks for the advice. Just got April 2010 exam results: passed on the first time (Washignton State)

Thanks again1

joeenv

Hello Env-PE group,

I am Dale and work at a state EPA (Ohio) doing water quality analysis. My work centers on TMDLs, models, and WQ standards. I completed a MS in env engr from Ohio State in Jun'09 (no BS in engr) in my mid-career. I completed BS/MS/PhD in physical geog from Penn State in the 80's - but always wanted to be an engineer!

Passed my FE in Apr'10 and plan to take the PE in Apr'11. Glad you have this forum - I appreciate the knowledge shared. I hope I can help the cause, too.

Dale White

Columbus OH

Hi Dale, welcome to the enviro forum! Good luck with studying for the PE exam, and congrats on finally becoming a real engineer. LOL.

I do some of the same things you do, but in a much smaller place that allows me to do a lot more, but at the same time know it all in a lot less detail. I just recently finished writing our "state" 305b & 303d integrated water quality assessment report, and am scheduled to run our WQ standards through the triennial review process later this year. Ugh. On top of a dozen other unrelated things.

It just dawned on me that I have never posted here.... oh wait, that's cause I started in Civil and my forestry background got pullled back into things when we moved. Well, I just found out that I got an engineer that will back my last nearly 3 years of experience.... which means that I can actually qualify for my my EIT... any way, I guess I am still a new enviro member just cause it's not traffic.... but.... I make engineers cringe :)

Hi All, I am a PhD in Environmental Sciences and Engineering and a Bcahelors in Civil Engineering both from abroad. I have been working in the US since 2007 and I am finally thinking to get this awesome credentail. I looked at the material covered in the FE and PE exams and it does not seem very frightening but still I want to cover all my bases and would appreciate any recommendations for prep stuff.

I am planning to take my F.E in Environmental Engineering from GA in April and will hopefully take the PE in October (if I pass the FE in April of course :party-smiley-048: ). I am looking for any used Books/DVDs/Study Materials that you may have for both PE as well as FE exams in Environmental Engineering. Again I will also appreciate any recommendations.

Thank you and waiting to hear from you.

I also wanted to know the difference between the NCEES FE Environmental Sample Questions and Solutions Book and their online practice exam. Do they have the same questions or they are different?

Thanks

Hello, new to the forum looking for advice on the Environmental PE. My undergrad was in computer engineering back in 2002, all but my thesis done for my masters in Environmental Engineering now and kind of looking forward to taking the PE in October (IL). As a computer engineer grad I never took the FE after graduation (mistake) and had to take it last October and thankfully passed it. Been in the environmental world for awhile now and hoping that the Environmental PE will go the same as my FE did.

Are the DVD's that are mentioned around the forums really worth it? They are a bigger expence and well if they help they would be well worth it but looking for other's opinions.

Welcome to the board, as for the DVDs, I don't have any experience with them. I just shoved my nose in a book for 4 months and did it the old fashioned way.

Which series are you looking into? There are mixed reviews on some of the DVDs/review courses out there.

The DVD's were not available when I took the exam in 2006 (or maybe they had just become available). I also had no trouble passing just with books.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back