With results about to roll in for April, and people beginning to prepare for October, we're seeing a lot of the same questions concerns that came up over previous exams here. This will hopefully be a catch all thread for the most common ones.
1. OK, I've got my four years experience under my belt and want to take the PE exam. How do I sign up?
A: All of the forms are available on your state board's website. Contact info for each state's board is located here: NCEES List of State Boards. Application fees, requirements, and deadlines vary by state, so check early.
2. I've been approved to take the exam, now I need to start studying. Where do I find good study materials?
A: The biggest publisher of study guides is probablyPPI. Their forum is useless, and reviews of their online courses are mixed. But, their reference manuals and sample problems are essential. They put out a reference manual for many of the more common exam disciplines.
3. I can't wait to bust out my spiffy new graphing calculator with all latest the bells and whistles. I can use it, right?
A: There is a very specific set of calculators that you are allowed to use on the exam. And this changes by exam. You're not allowed to use anything that can store information you could leave the room with. We've heard stories of unapproved calculators being denied. You don't want to be the guy doing Manning's equation by hand. The current approved list is here: NCEES Calculator Policy.
4. I just took the exam. I want to see if anyone else got the same answer for Problem 12 in the morning. Can I post what I did?
A: No! That's a direct violation of the non-disclosure agreement you sign on the exam, which includes websites. NCEES monitors this site and we already had to report a poster this time around.
5. When will my results arrive? Who sends them? How thick is the envelope?
A: The biggest question of all. It really varies from state to state. Check How Results Arrive thread to see if someone has posted about your state.
FAQ's - PLEASE READ
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users