I framed my friend's PE cert, including pencils...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ptatohed

Licenced to Spell
Reaction score
FYI - Here is a link to my frame/pencil thread from three years ago.

Here are the pictures of a frame I put together for my friend/colleague as a congratulations gift for passing the exam. It came to a grand total of $12.50 plus tax using a 50% coupon at Michael's on a $25 frame. The other materials I had at home. The frame is intended for a diploma and a 5"x7" photo of the graduate. The CA PE cert fits nicely in the diploma opening and I, of course, used the 5"x7" photo opening for the pencils. The hardest part was modifying the frame to allow for the depth of the pencils. The whole project took about 8-10 hours total.

Let me know what you guys think. :)

CIMG0498.jpg

CIMG0484.jpg

CIMG0486.jpg

CIMG0487.jpg

CIMG0488.jpg

CIMG0489.jpg

CIMG0490.jpg

CIMG0491.jpg

CIMG0492.jpg

CIMG0493.jpg

CIMG0497.jpg

Nice work. I think you've outdone yourself. Looks extremely professional.

Your buddy is lucky to have you as a friend. Sure was a nice gesture of congratulating him.

Thanks for sharing the final outcome picture and the build pictures too.

That looks great! I'm tempted to try it myself, but I only have one pencil so it might look a bit empty. I might have an FE pencil lying around somewhere though...

Thanks for the nice comments everyone.

very nice ....****

Lucky her!
I never said s/he was a she. :p

That looks great! I'm tempted to try it myself, but I only have one pencil so it might look a bit empty. I might have an FE pencil lying around somewhere though...
Thanks CU. There was one other option at Michael's. It was a diploma + tassel. So, instead of a 5"x7" opening it was, maybe, 1" x 7". This would work well for a single pencil.

Thanks CU. There was one other option at Michael's. It was a diploma + tassel. So, instead of a 5"x7" opening it was, maybe, 1" x 7". This would work well for a single pencil.
Oh man...really might have to do it. Thanks!

Very clever solution to fixing the backing board on, I may have to steal that idea! I have some of my older medals/awards from my competitive shooting days that wouldn't have fit in a regular frame, but would have looked a bit out of place if put in a shadow box. This may let me cheat with a regular frame.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back