EET - PE Civil WRE Review Course

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations, Ray!

I am going with EET .... I tried really hard to get a negative review out of someone, but I just can't seem to find one. Went back and forth with Samir over email this week, seems like a really nice guy.

UPDATE:

In case anyone is in the same situation I was/am with getting reimbursed "after" you finish the course.

You pay EET via PayPal. If you've never opened a PayPal credit account, you get no interest financing for 6 months. So I put the bill on this paypal credit, and will pay it off with the reimbursement check. So I'm not putting out any of my own money.

Last edited by a moderator:
As an update. My friend who was taking the EET Transpo passed the exam. He has been out of college for quite some time and has an architectural degree. He studied/passed CA-Survey on his own and used EET to pass the CA-Seismic and Civil 8hr Transpo.

As an update. My friend who was taking the EET Transpo passed the exam. He has been out of college for quite some time and has an architectural degree. He studied/passed CA-Survey on his own and used EET to pass the CA-Seismic and Civil 8hr Transpo.

Thanks for sharing! After failing the April exam, I decided to pay for the review course for this upcoming April (skipped taking the October). Good to know that the transpo EET helped someone pass!

In case anyone is in the same situation I was/am with getting reimbursed "after" you finish the course.

You pay EET via PayPal. If you've never opened a PayPal credit account, you get no interest financing for 6 months. So I put the bill on this paypal credit, and will pay it off with the reimbursement check. So I'm not putting out any of my own money.

Why didn't I think of this!

Like many others here have stated before, EET really is a great course with excellent material and dedicated instructors. I passed the October Civil-WR this time thanks to the EET course. I have taken the same exam before and with self study I had come close but frustratingly fell short of the "magic" number.

I signed up for both the AM and PM (water resources & env) sessions and I have to say that the course is definitely worthy of the accolades other members here have shared in this forum. I also researched the other courses before signing up for EET, but the reviews here convinced me. The binders, webinars and the practice tests (topic specific and comprehensive) were great in the way it's designed and presented.

As for the depth session, Nazrul is a great instructor who truly cares if his students are understanding the topics that's being covered and what their weaknesses are. I found that true in my case and I have also read similar experiences here. I have to say he understands the exam very well and he ensures that important topics are stressed enough so that a student can solve those with very little effort. In the real exam, I mainly used the binders from EET and used the CERM maybe for 20% of the problems. I had other materials too but barely used it. That speaks a lot for their material and preparation methods since in the prior attempt, I mainly used CERM and some other books/notes that I had.

I do, however, have to stress the need for solving problems on your own for passing the PE exam. No course will prepare you to crack this exam if you don't practice enough problems. There are just too many pitfalls in this exam one might find oneself in if that's not been rectified during the preparation stages.

[SIZE=12pt]I absolutely, positively must add to the positive reviews of this course since [/SIZE]my story is a bit different. As a parent of two kids, I took on the challenge of tackling the PE later in my career and found it quite difficult to find the time to study and organize myself to pass the PE exam. Having said that, a co-worker recommended I enroll in the EET course. The BEST decision I made!!!

[SIZE=12pt]I wish I could say it was my first or second time taking the exam, but nothing could be further from the truth. I had taken other courses and was not happy with any of them. EET’s live on-line course, however was superb. The quality of the instruction is off the charts. Ahmed and Nazrul are phenomenal, they go above and beyond to assure you pass. The course content is excellent!! The material is very well organized and presented. It is the right amount information. What sets this course apart from every other PE course is the time they spend outside of the on-line classes to make sure you are understanding the content. You can’t put a price on that. They coach you thoroughly from the basics to the toughest topics in the exam. If you want to pass the 8-hr with water resources afternoon exam Nazrul is the instructor that will get you there. If you need to pass the seismic exam, then you go with Ahmed. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]If your time is scarce, I do recommend considering breaking up the exam into parts. I learned this the hard way! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]EET thank you very much for all your help and support in passing my PE Exam!![/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Francisco[/SIZE]

Francisco, I have taken the test a few times myself and spent a lot of money of new books, and also took the School of PE course that I found very useful for the morning but not the afternoon portion.

I am pretty much at the end of my rope, not sure what to do. I don't want to give up, it is not in my nature, but it is very hard to continue to find the strength to try again unless I change something. It sounds like the EET is a great course and leaning towards spending the money on it. I have been taking the Water/Environmental Depth, I have improved slightly every time, in April I was at 65% (52/80), but I do not have the diagnostic yet on this last test so I don't know my score yet.

I am a parent with 2 small kids myself, and it is very challenging.

I highly recommend the EET Depth Review if you are taking the Civil Engineering PE/Water Resources. I took this class in preparation for the October 2014 PE and passed on the first try.

Nazrul, the instructor for WRE, is very good at what he does. He takes it seriously and pays attention to each student. He’s excellent at teaching. I will admit that when he explained concepts and equations, I grasped them better than I did in college classes, even though I’m proud of my school and had excellent professors there (I have a BS and MS in Civil Engineering/Water). He took the time to really make sure you understood, instead of assuming that everything was just review. I appreciated that because I’ve forgotten a lot since graduating from college, and also because some things were never crystal clear to be before. This class helped me feel more confident as a hydraulic/hydrologic engineer. That’s a huge benefit on top of passing the PE.

Although Nazrul really emphasizes conceptual understanding, he also knew the exam very well so he could tell us what kinds of problems we should expect, and what difficulty is typical, etc. I’m sure we saved all kinds of time there.

The notes are fantastic. Keeping up with the lecture/problem-solving schedule is key but I think the course binder alone puts you far ahead of the game. This binder became my bible for studying but also, since I got to know it front to back, and because it’s very organized, it was the only thing I took into the afternoon portion of the exam, aside from one wastewater reference book. It contains hundreds of practice problems, too. I didn’t get to solve all of the practice problems but they come with solutions.

I honestly regret that I didn’t take the Civil Breadth Review with EET – after being close to done with the Depth prep, I wondered if I should ask to purchase a Civil Breadth binder from EET to take with me to the exam (it was too late to sign up for the Breadth because that course started before Depth did). I managed with my own set of Breadths notes (including the Breadth prep material from the ASCE Young Members Forum review course with the Sacramento Chapter, the FE formula set, and some old college notes) but if I had a chance to do it over, , I would do the Breadth with EET, too. The ASCE Breadth class was taught by various experts in the field and the level of detail and relevance of topics covered varied greatly – I appreciate those teachers, too, but really it was very time-consuming to review those notes as they weren’t concise.

I’m giving my full endorsement for the EET WRE course for no other reason than that I think more people should take it and spread the word about it. This is such a quality course for an awesome price. You will need to dedicate some weekends to studying for the PE anyway, so you actually would save a lot of time by going with this program. No one wants to take it twice! I was taking the ASCE course for Breadth and also doing the CA Hiner Seismic lectures at the same time so it was a very hectic few months for me. The EET class helped reduce that stress – I knew that at least for the 8-hour exam, I was on track. I also appreciated how I could go over the Webinar if I had to miss a class, and how I could watch those as many times as I needed. I personally spent less time on the 8-hour exam prep than would have been ideal because of the two other exams I had to prepare for, but I still did all of Nazrul's lectures and problem-solving sessions and practice exams, and I went into the exam pretty calm.

Best wishes to everyone taking this in the future!

I received my depth binder in the mail the other day. It is massive and filled with practice problems. Not to sound all geeky, but I'm pretty excited for this class. I am doing the transpo depth with EET as well, I have not seen that binder yet; however the geometrics section in the breadth binder looks great.

John Q - I just got my binder too! Looking forward to the class, and am so glad everyone on this forum took the time to direct us towards EET. It sounds like it will be a great review!

Awesome, it will be nice to have another EB member in the class. What depth are you taking??

I am taking Construction PM and I also will see you guys for AM session,

Jun

I thought it was very good. Turned in my homework this morning, had a reply email with some pointers on the one problem I couldn't solve within 3 hours .... I'm east coast they are west coast ...that's a pretty good response.

Never took the EET review course, but I've met with a few people at EET and they are great people. We're both headquartered up here in Norther CA.

I ended up buying 2 courses: MGI/smart pros and EET. I did the WRE depth. I didn't really fit into any category as I've done a little bit of everything over the last 20+ years, but WRE was closest. I never took the EIT, so it has been a long long time since I took an exam. I knew I was going to need a lot of help.

I just found out I passed the April 2015 exam. This was my first attempt.

I was attracted to the MGI course because of the guarantee as well as the lower price. However, about halfway through the MGI course I had to bail out because I could see I was not going to be ready for the test. The MGI course notebooks are not comprehensive. There are many times when you have to search out material from other reference books in order to fill in the gaps. On a number of occasions they said "for this material refer to reference books you have on hand covering this subject". I did not have any reference books on hand other than the CERM, so I found myself running to libraries and buying books online etc. In addition, they do not give you guidance as to how much to study for breadth vs depth, so for subjects other then WRE, I ended up spending too much time on things that definitely were not on the breadth. Crazily inefficient.
MGI does not allow you direct access to the instructor. It is an annoying process of sending an email through a third-party and then receiving an email back which may or may not have fully answered or understood your question. The same is true for your quizzes: they want you to snail-mail them and then receive a corrected quiz back in the mail again (However, I was able to get them to accept a scanned PDF and then return it as a PDF ).
In order to get your money back you have to submit all the quizzes for the different subjects as well as the final exam, and get at least 70% on all of them, and then fail the real exam.
The EET course cost more but was SOOO MUCH better. I did most of my studying using the notebooks provided, with occasional references to the CERM, and then when something wasn't completely clear to me I would jump online to the videos of pre-recorded EET classes, and then I would understand it. I also paid the extra $100 to be able to log into the live classes and ask questions. Otherwise whenever I had questions I was able to email the professors and they were very responsive. I even chatted with them on the phone a couple times and that was very helpful (so different from the other course). Using this method, I was able to cram in the full EET course in about half the normal time. And I was ready for the exam. If I had just started with the EET course, I could have done it in the regular amount of time, been that much more prepared and less stressed, and I would've walked out of there KNOWING I had passed rather than just thinking I had probably passed.
I Highly recommend EET!

Please note: I took the $500 MGI "at home" course, not the online live course.

I ended up buying 2 courses: MGI/smart pros and EET. I did the WRE depth. I didn't really fit into any category as I've done a little bit of everything over the last 20+ years, but WRE was closest. I never took the EIT, so it has been a long long time since I took an exam. I knew I was going to need a lot of help.

I just found out I passed the April 2015 exam. This was my first attempt.
I was attracted to the MGI course because of the guarantee as well as the lower price. However, about halfway through the MGI course I had to bail out because I could see I was not going to be ready for the test. The MGI course notebooks are not comprehensive. There are many times when you have to search out material from other reference books in order to fill in the gaps. On a number of occasions they said "for this material refer to reference books you have on hand covering this subject". I did not have any reference books on hand other than the CERM, so I found myself running to libraries and buying books online etc. In addition, they do not give you guidance as to how much to study for breadth vs depth, so for subjects other then WRE, I ended up spending too much time on things that definitely were not on the breadth. Crazily inefficient.

MGI does not allow you direct access to the instructor. It is an annoying process of sending an email through a third-party and then receiving an email back which may or may not have fully answered or understood your question. The same is true for your quizzes: they want you to snail-mail them and then receive a corrected quiz back in the mail again (However, I was able to get them to accept a scanned PDF and then return it as a PDF ).

In order to get your money back you have to submit all the quizzes for the different subjects as well as the final exam, and get at least 70% on all of them, and then fail the real exam.
The EET course cost more but was SOOO MUCH better. I did most of my studying using the notebooks provided, with occasional references to the CERM, and then when something wasn't completely clear to me I would jump online to the videos of pre-recorded EET classes, and then I would understand it. I also paid the extra $100 to be able to log into the live classes and ask questions. Otherwise whenever I had questions I was able to email the professors and they were very responsive. I even chatted with them on the phone a couple times and that was very helpful (so different from the other course). Using this method, I was able to cram in the full EET course in about half the normal time. And I was ready for the exam. If I had just started with the EET course, I could have done it in the regular amount of time, been that much more prepared and less stressed, and I would've walked out of there KNOWING I had passed rather than just thinking I had probably passed.
I Highly recommend EET!

Links please!!! :p

EET: http://www.eet-california.com/

MGI: http://pereviewcourse.com/

Back