5 replies to this topic

#1 jmann

jmann

Intern

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Discipline:Electrical

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:06 PM

I'm taking the computer engineering PE at the end of the week. I still don't have a computer engineering reference text and most of the PE questions in this area are of the trick question variety. My Schuam's outline for soSucks!are engineering is leading me down the route of trickery for these questions. I need something specific and clear for reference.

It also needs to be something I can buy on amazon and get fast and reasonably priced.

Any suggestions?

#2 Wildsoldier PE

Wildsoldier PE

Principal in Charge

• 280 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:03 AM

Is that book the only thing you have?

#3 jmann

jmann

Intern

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:48 AM

for soSucks!are engineering, yes. The soSucks!are engineering questions in the practice exam are about the business processes of doing soSucks!are engineering....
writing specifications, soSucks!are testing, etc. None of these things are laws of science. I need a book that represents the gold standard that contains the business processes that the NCEES exam will aggree with.

#4 Brian G

Brian G

Intern

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:52 PM

I used Object Oriented and Classical SoSucks!are Engineering by Stephen R Schach when I was preparing for the PE back in 2010. I found it to be very helpful. It was also easy to read.

I hope this helps.
Brian

#5 jmann

jmann

Intern

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:41 PM

THank you. I just found a copy and will take a look at it.

#6 jmann

jmann

Intern

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:40 AM

I can't edit posts!?!

Anyway, this is a really good reference text. I highly recommend it. The first chapter answers most of the soSucks!are engineering questions in the sample exam.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

=