CA Surveying Exam

2 replies to this topic

#1 divs

divs

Civil_PE_Enviro

• 58 posts
  • Discipline:Water Resources

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:07 PM

Hello, I'll ve taking the Surveying Exam this April. I have a question about the reference material for the exam. I have mostly used the Paul Cuomo book to study, but I read somewhere that this book does not prepare you well enough on all topics. I recently bought the 120 solved surveying problems by Boniface. I was wondering if these sources are enough to prepare for the exam, or is there any other book that contains problems like the actual exam. Unlike the 8 hour, I guess NCEES does not publish any samples problems book for Surveying. I would appreciate any input!

Thanks.

#2 LRFD

LRFD

Intern

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Discipline:Civil

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:53 AM

Everyone is different. I passed surveying on the first try using only the 2 references you mentioned. I never had any previous surveying experience and my university did not offer a surveying course. Time management is the most important thing during the exam.

#3 ptatohed

ptatohed

Chief Engineer

• Supporting Member
  • 1,661 posts
  • Discipline:Civil

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:45 AM

Hello, I'll ve taking the Surveying Exam this April. I have a question about the reference material for the exam. I have mostly used the Paul Cuomo book to study, but I read somewhere that this book does not prepare you well enough on all topics. I recently bought the 120 solved surveying problems by Boniface. I was wondering if these sources are enough to prepare for the exam, or is there any other book that contains problems like the actual exam. Unlike the 8 hour, I guess NCEES does not publish any samples problems book for Surveying. I would appreciate any input!

Thanks.

divs,

NCEES does not create the CA-Survey exam, that's why you won't see a practice exam from NCEES. You mentioned two Survey books PPI offers as study material for the CA-Survey. The third is the 'Civil Survey Sample Exams'. http://ppi2pass.com/...-surveying-exam I'd get this third book and you'll be fine. Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

=