6 replies to this topic

#1 bill_s

bill_s

Intern

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Discipline:Mechanical

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:42 PM

I was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers on how to fill out the experience section of the PE application in New Jersey. I am fairly confident I have acceptable experience I am just not sure how to write it. I have done a lot of research on this section of the PE application but I have not found anything very helpful. The best I found was to use words like designed, analyzed, calculated etc. Any recent NJ PE applicants that were accepted I would like to hear from you. Thanks.

Bill

#2 EngInNJ

EngInNJ

Intern

• EB.com member
  • 11 posts
  • Discipline:Electrical

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:18 PM

Bill,

Take a good look at the NJ website that has application info. There is a link to the State's requirements that list specific items. Make sure you envelope those items. Words you chose above look good. Indicate work was done under and reviewed by NJ PE. Also good if that same PE is one of your references. Submit early and follow up with phone call to make sure they have everything needed.

Good Luck

#3 bill_s

bill_s

Intern

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:42 PM

Bill,

Take a good look at the NJ website that has application info. There is a link to the State's requirements that list specific items. Make sure you envelope those items. Words you chose above look good. Indicate work was done under and reviewed by NJ PE. Also good if that same PE is one of your references. Submit early and follow up with phone call to make sure they have everything needed.

Good Luck

Do you have a link to the specific info you are referring to? Thanks.

Bill

#4 sc57

sc57

Project Manager

• 103 posts
  • Discipline:Electrical

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:23 PM

Use word design often, I knew someone who did lots of engineering calculation did not get approved.

#5 FF8256

FF8256

Project Engineer

• 50 posts
  • Discipline:Civil

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:38 PM

and use the term "increased responsibilities included...."

#6 bill_s

bill_s

Intern

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:53 PM

How long was everyones experience section? I have heard a rule of thumb is one page per year of experience. Comments or thoughts? Thanks.

#7 bradlelf

bradlelf

Licensed Professional Engineer

• Supporting Member
  • 217 posts
  • Interests:Hydrology, Hydraulics, Stormwater Management, Land Development, Expert Testimony
  • Discipline:Civil

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:33 PM

How long was everyones experience section? I have heard a rule of thumb is one page per year of experience. Comments or thoughts? Thanks.

1 page minimum per year was my rule of thumb also.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

photo
=