3 replies to this topic

#1 ben_1

ben_1

Intern

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Discipline:Civil

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:53 PM

What is your advice before I purchase the following books for PE-civil practice test. 101 solved civil engineering problems by Lindeburg and PE-exam.com civil engineering breadth practice exam (40 problems). Are these books close to NCEES sample exam.

#2 chaocl

chaocl

Johnnie Walker lover

• Veteran
  • 643 posts
  • Discipline:Mechanical

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:06 PM

I had 101 solved mechanical engineering problems by Lindeburg. The problems can divide into several small problems and they are related. I think this book is readable when you have extra time...

#3 aneesu786

aneesu786

Mechanical Engineer

• 109 posts
  • Discipline:Mechanical

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:40 PM

Read the preface of the books and you will know if they are close to the actual format. I didn't like the 101 solved problems for mechanical, didn't work any problems in there except for the Engineering Economic

#4 jeffbirm

jeffbirm

Intern

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Discipline:Civil

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:43 AM

My coworker and I started the PE-exam.com website and created the practice questions. So obviously our take on our own material is bias, but ultimately we developed the breadth practice exam because we felt when we studied for the test that there was not a reliable practice test that, had similar difficulty as the actual exam, included all the algebraic steps, and provide a reference to the CERM. I really hope this set of questions helps and I would love to hear some feedback after you take your exam. Best of Luck!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

photo
=