Metso is a global supplier of sustainable technology and services for mining, construction, power generation, automation, recycling and the pulp and paper industries. Our 29,000 employees in more than 50 countries have two things in common: expertise and a true service attitude. Expect results.
Electrical Engineer performs various electrical design engineering and field duties on heavy bulk materials handling equipment power and control systems. The position requires general knowledge of the principles of electrical engineering with the ability to program PLC controls.
The incumbent must be capable of working in a fast paced environment with quickly changing priorities. The engineer prepares all of the necessary technical data required to design new equipment or repair and upgrade existing equipment. He/she is also responsible for design engineering duties including the preparation of drawings and specifications, review of vendor drawings and vendor quotations, and preparation of estimates and proposals.
The engineer will have responsibility for site visits to inspect and troubleshoot, select an appropriate modification/upgrade, prepare cost estimates & proposals, and assist the aftermarket salesman in selling the solution. Excellent communication and effective interpersonal skills are required as the Electrical Engineer will have frequent interactions with customers and suppliers. The engineer usually participates in startup and commissioning of his/her design.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Inspect electrical systems on bulk materials handling equipment and machines.
• Troubleshoot electrical power and control systems to identify and correct malfunctions
• Prepare formal reports on the results of machine/equipment inspections.
• Communicate effectively with customers to understand needs for upgrades to machines.
• Prepare formal engineering specifications for equipment or services to upgrade machines.
• Prepare cost estimates and proposals for upgrades to machines.
• Communicate effectively with vendors to obtain information about products and services.
• Prepare engineering drawings, computer programs, and other information to upgrade machines.
• Troubleshoot electrical power and control systems to identify and correct malfunctions.
• Aggressively promotes company products and services.
• Produces technically sound designs which meet the contract requirements, good engineering practices and solves the customer's needs and/or problems.
• Provides information, guidance and assistance to drafting personnel for the production of drawings. Reviews drawings for accuracy.
• Produces work within the allotted hours and material budgets, working within the allotted schedule.
• Effectively coordinates work with other groups within the company.
• Reviews others’ work to insure it is compatible with the design and meets contract requirements.
• Applies knowledge of electric power and control systems to specified designs.
• Communicates effectively with the customer and keeps customer advised periodically on the status of the work. Delivers promised information as indicated.
• Maintains awareness of current state-of-the-art technologies and trends in electrical engineering and suggests product improvement ideas.
• Create and modify microprocessor assembly, ladder type programs, state diagrams, Karnaugh maps
and next-state tables.
• Design and apply motors, motor controllers, SCR drives, and AC drives based on speed and torque requirements.
• Perform cycle time calculations.
• Effectively start-up and commission machines and systems.
• Conducts him/herself in a manner consistent with safety for all parties (employee, customer, etc) and promotes safe working practices both for personnel and machines. Promptly notifies customers and subcontractors of unsafe conditions.
• Travel (up to 50%) may be required as needed, including both domestic and international.
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering/related field.
• Minimum 5 yrs experience in the design & or maintenance of electrical power &control systems.
• Experience with heavy bulk material handling equipment is a plus.
• Engineer-In-Training certificate desirable but not required.
• Knowledge of PLCs, AC and DC motor controllers.
• Knowledge of CADD is a plus.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to program PLC controls.
• Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) and effective interpersonal skills are required, as this person will have frequent interaction with both internal and external customers and suppliers.
• Solid computer skills, including all Microsoft Office Products, Lotus Notes and CADD.
• Must be able to function effectively both as a member of a team and as an individual contributor.
• Ability to complete assigned tasks in the time allotted with minimal supervision.
• Highly motivated individual with the ability to work under stress and meet tight deadlines.
• Must be capable of effectively working on several projects at one time.
• Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks in a fast paced environment.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package.
Please apply here: http://joberate.com/...40-4c-96-f8ae26
Metso is looking for an Electrical Engineer in Canonsburg, PA, USA!
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users