Photo

CERM 12 Edition Missing Pages

5 replies to this topic

#1 Jayman_PE

Jayman_PE

Quid pro quo

• 271 posts
  • Interests:Bicycling, running, outdoors.
  • Discipline:Civil

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:36 PM

Hello Everyone,

I recently purchased the new 12th Edition of CERM as I begin preparation for the April 2012 exam. While perusing the text I noted pages 36-11 to 40-4 missing, essentially missing four chapters! Important Ones too - Shallow Foundations, Retaining Walls, Piles/Deep Foundations, Excavations, etc. Yikes. I'll contact PPI to inform them, but just want to give everyone a heads up because I'm certain my book is not the only one.

Thanks,
Jason

#2 blybrook PE

blybrook PE

Veteran 10k Spammer

• Supporting Member
  • 17,608 posts
  • Discipline:Structural

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:08 PM

I just checked my copy; printing number 1; 12th edition. I don't have any pages missing that I've been informed of. I had loaned it out for the October session and the individual brought it back with no complaints or concerns.

PPI should make it right. Good luck.

#3 ptatohed

ptatohed

Chief Engineer

• Supporting Member
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 07:53 PM

Hello Everyone,

I recently purchased the new 12th Edition of CERM as I begin preparation for the April 2012 exam. While perusing the text I noted pages 36-11 to 40-4 missing, essentially missing four chapters! Important Ones too - Shallow Foundations, Retaining Walls, Piles/Deep Foundations, Excavations, etc. Yikes. I'll contact PPI to inform them, but just want to give everyone a heads up because I'm certain my book is not the only one.

Thanks,
Jason

Jason, where did you buy yours? Did you buy it new or used?

#4 Jayman_PE

Jayman_PE

Quid pro quo

• 271 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:27 AM

I bought mine new from PPI.

I contacted them and they are making it right - a new text is enroute as we speak to my home address.

thanks,
Jason

#5 ajosh

ajosh

Intern

• 45 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:28 AM

jason,

I am also going to appear for April 2012 PE Civil/Structural PM. Did you receive any reply from PPI regarding the missing pages. I hven't purchased CERM yet.

Also if you are also appearing for structural PM , can you tell me what reference books you are planning to buy?

Josh

#6 Jayman_PE

Jayman_PE

Quid pro quo

• 271 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 06:45 PM

jason,

I am also going to appear for April 2012 PE Civil/Structural PM. Did you receive any reply from PPI regarding the missing pages. I hven't purchased CERM yet.

Also if you are also appearing for structural PM , can you tell me what reference books you are planning to buy?

Josh

Hi Josh,

Yes, they did respond immediately and corrected the problem. I just returned home from traveling this week and sure enough a new book was on my doorstep with all pages included. I can even keep the old one!! So if you need a new CERM wih almost 4 missing chapters I can get you a deal....

I am taking Construction.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

=