#1 svcetiquette

svcetiquette

Intern

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Discipline:Mechanical

Posted 09 July 2011 - 02:23 PM

Good afternoon all,
Thanks to everyone who devotes their time on this forum making life easier for the rest of us who are pursuing licensure! I am planning on testing in October and after going through the MERM, am looking for a prep course to help organize my studying efforts.
I am working in a long-term position over in Abu Dhabi, limiting me to an online format. I mainly wanted to ask which online course seems to be the most beneficial - the ppi course seems to have had mixed reviews; the civils love the School of PE courses, but the time difference means I wouldn't be able to attend the streaming live workshops. Thanks for any insight!

Todd

#2 Coastal Engineer

Coastal Engineer

Project Engineer

• 51 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE (svcetiquette @ Jul 9 2011, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good afternoon all,
Thanks to everyone who devotes their time on this forum making life easier for the rest of us who are pursuing licensure! I am planning on testing in October and after going through the MERM, am looking for a prep course to help organize my studying efforts.
I am working in a long-term position over in Abu Dhabi, limiting me to an online format. I mainly wanted to ask which online course seems to be the most beneficial - the ppi course seems to have had mixed reviews; the civils love the School of PE courses, but the time difference means I wouldn't be able to attend the streaming live workshops. Thanks for any insight!

Todd

I didn't take any online courses nor did I take the classroom type course to prepare. I did get the NCEES study test (I think it's $40 or $45) and I took it under the actual test time constraints to help identify any areas wher I needed to focus. I also purches the ASME test (about $100) but having taken these actual PE test I would not recommend that you use the ASME test as I did not find it very representative of what I saw this past April. From there, I identified the subjects that I needed to study and used the MERM problem book to tune up those areas. Whatever you decide, best of luck.

Edited by mill75, 09 July 2011 - 07:59 PM.

#3 mizzoueng

mizzoueng

Hop Addict

• EB Supporting Member
  • 785 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 05:07 PM

Just got an email today from PPI for the CD-rom Mechanical review sessions. 10% off using coupon code MMJJ1.

Order has to be placed before 7/14/11 though.

Been thinking about this one. I would like to see previews of it though.

#4 sc77

sc77

Intern

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 01:30 AM

QUOTE (mizzoueng @ Jul 11 2011, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just got an email today from PPI for the CD-rom Mechanical review sessions. 10% off using coupon code MMJJ1.

Order has to be placed before 7/14/11 though.

Been thinking about this one. I would like to see previews of it though.

Let me know how the CD-rom Mechanical review session looks - I thought it looked too basic to be useful

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

=