1 reply to this topic

#1 yw100

yw100

Intern

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Discipline:Transportation

Posted 12 June 2011 - 04:23 PM

Hello, There is no exam format on the pels website or any sample questions available, for the California Traffic Engineering Exam. The information provided are a list of 15 reference materials and a test plan on the subject covered. Is the test comparable to Civil PE Transportation Discipline? I am starting with HCM, MUTCD, AASHTO Greenbook, Caltrans Manuals, ITE Traffic Engineering Handbook, and Trip Generation. There may not be time for the other books. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

#2 ptatohed

ptatohed

Chief Engineer

• Supporting Member
  • 1,517 posts
  • Discipline:Civil

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE (yw100 @ Jun 12 2011, 09:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello, There is no exam format on the pels website or any sample questions available, for the California Traffic Engineering Exam. The information provided are a list of 15 reference materials and a test plan on the subject covered. Is the test comparable to Civil PE Transportation Discipline? I am starting with HCM, MUTCD, AASHTO Greenbook, Caltrans Manuals, ITE Traffic Engineering Handbook, and Trip Generation. There may not be time for the other books. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I suspect the format is that of the 8-Hour, Survey, Seismic, etc. Ex. Multiple choice, 4 answer choices. You mentioned there is a test plan available from the state's website. There you go. That's key. Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

=