4 replies to this topic

#1 onamission

onamission

Intern

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Discipline:Civil

Posted 27 October 2010 - 06:40 PM

I am getting ready to sign up to take the Civil PE in April 2011. I want to take the Civil Breadth/Structural Depth exam and I would like to know which practice/prep books people find most helpful. If anyone has any interesting insight on a book that might not be so great please let me know too. Thanks!

#2 dastuff

dastuff

Principal in Charge

• Veteran
  • 389 posts
  • Discipline:Structural

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:53 PM

CERM for the AM Section, as many problems as you can get your hands on for the PM section.

And yes, the problems out of a lot of books are harder than what's on the test but they are very good practice nonetheless.

#3 onamission

onamission

Intern

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE (dastuff @ Oct 28 2010, 12:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
CERM for the AM Section, as many problems as you can get your hands on for the PM section.

And yes, the problems out of a lot of books are harder than what's on the test but they are very good practice nonetheless.

VERY much appreciated!

#4 Bolivia-PE

Bolivia-PE

Intern

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 11:23 PM

Please read topic title "how i passed the pe-exam" for info on books to buy/rent for the civil/pe/structural depth

#5 dwha

dwha

Intern

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE (onamission @ Oct 27 2010, 07:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am getting ready to sign up to take the Civil PE in April 2011. I want to take the Civil Breadth/Structural Depth exam and I would like to know which practice/prep books people find most helpful. If anyone has any interesting insight on a book that might not be so great please let me know too. Thanks!

I used 6 min solutions. I went thru the morning portion of all subjects and the afternoon of structural. Don't be discouraged about the time it takes to complete the practice problems in the 6 min solutions, they take longer (and were harder) than the majority on the exam. I went thru all of the exams 2 times. Once about 6 weeks before the exam, then again the week before the exam.

Also, when I went thru the water resourses morning test in the 6 min solutions I noticed that there was not a lot for pipe flow or open channel flow. So I went back thru my college notes and worked out a couple of these types of homework and test problems I had in college. I am glad I did that.

After that review, I thought the PE was not too difficult.

Good Luck.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

=