#1 v55

v55

Intern

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Discipline:Mechanical

Posted 27 September 2010 - 01:05 PM

Hello everyone!

Just entered this forum. Would like to know about FE/EIT certification/preparation in USA. After graduation in Mechanical engineering , I worked mainly with EPC consultant MNCs for last 10 yrs . Now planning for opportunity in USA. I heard a lot that it is difficult to find engineering job in USA without professional certification. Hence, as a first step,want to appear for FE/EIT in 2011.

I would appreciate your suggestions/guidance.

Thank you.

Edited by v55, 27 September 2010 - 01:07 PM.

#2 civilized_naah

civilized_naah

Principal in Charge

• Registered Vendor
  • 365 posts
  • Discipline:Civil

Posted 27 September 2010 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE (v55 @ Sep 27 2010, 09:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello everyone!

Just entered this forum. Would like to know about FE/EIT certification/preparation in USA. After graduation in Mechanical engineering , I worked mainly with EPC consultant MNCs for last 10 yrs . Now planning for opportunity in USA. I heard a lot that it is difficult to find engineering job in USA without professional certification. Hence, as a first step,want to appear for FE/EIT in 2011.

I would appreciate your suggestions/guidance.

Thank you.

The very first step would be to visit www.ncees.org to find out specifics about the structure of the FE exam and download a copy of the FE Reference Handbook (which is the only reference allowed on the exam table). The layout and extent of he information in the handbook should give you a clear picture of what they expect you to know (i.e. at what level) for each subject area, thus allowing you to perfoma a self-assessment (strengths and weaknesses). Compare these to the official syllabus (weight of different areas) to determine what's the best study plan for you. Also visit the website for the state board (where you are going to take the exam) todownload forms and find out the deadline for submission (varies by state)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

photo
=