#1 Sam_1984

Sam_1984

Intern

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Discipline:Electrical

Posted 25 November 2009 - 07:46 PM

Hi,

I am planning to take PE Electrical and Electronics exam next April in 2010.

I have bought the NCEES book, but I was wondering if anyone could provide any advise on how to prepare for PE exam in Electrical and Electronics. I have searched all over the web but it seems like there is no good guide or review material available, most of the books or review classes deal with PE Exam in Power.

Any suggestions or input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

#2 benbo

benbo

Veteran

• Charter Member
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE (Sam_1984 @ Nov 23 2009, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

I have bought the NCEES book, but I was wondering if anyone could provide any advise on how to prepare for PE exam in Electrical and Electronics. I have searched all over the web but it seems like there is no good guide or review material available, most of the books or review classes deal with PE Exam in Power.

Thanks

The NCEES book is the best sample test for the exam- it is very close to the real thing. You want to go on over ppi to get the EERM and the Camara sample exams and 6 minute solutions.

The Kaplan sample exam is a lot harder than the normal test, and has errors in it but might be worth looking at after these books.

Then some people use old textbooks and Schaumís outlines.

Know your circuit theory, op-amps, and control theory really well. Itís the easiest way to get points. And post any questions on here. Us EEs love to answer questions.

#3 Jiggalolo

Jiggalolo

Intern

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 07:44 PM

I'd suggest the REA series of books in communications, electric circuits, and control systems. They have not been updated in a while but are very valuable to get you prepared for the type of questions. I would check out your local library first.

#4 PE Books

PE Books

Intern

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Discipline:Civil

Posted 20 May 2011 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE (benbo @ Nov 25 2009, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

Thanks

The NCEES book is the best sample test for the exam- it is very close to the real thing. You want to go on over ppi to get the EERM and the Camara sample exams and 6 minute solutions.

The Kaplan sample exam is a lot harder than the normal test, and has errors in it but might be worth looking at after these books.

Know your circuit theory, op-amps, and control theory really well. Itís the easiest way to get points. And post any questions on here. Us EEs love to answer questions.

#5 PE Books

PE Books

Intern

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Discipline:Civil

Posted 20 May 2011 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE (PE Books @ May 20 2011, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

Thanks

Are Schaum's outlines allowed in the testing room?

#6 benbo

benbo

Veteran

• Charter Member
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE (PE Books @ May 18 2011, 03:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (PE Books @ May 20 2011, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

Thanks

Are Schaum's outlines allowed in the testing room?

In California they are. Probably most other states too, if not all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

=