Factors that affect peel strength of tape adhesives

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert20

Reaction score
Again, sorry for making alot of threads, I just found this forum and I have many questions.

I am working with flexible electrostatic adhesive pads. These are similar in many ways to a normal adhesive tape in but the adhesion can be turned on and off electrically. Like many adhesives they are notoriously weak in peel.

This bring me to my problem. I am trying to get a qualitative idea about how changes properties of the substrate material will affect the peel adhesion strength. Does anyone know what factors most predominately affect the peel strength of normal adhesive tapes? Any good references to check out to learn more?

Φωτοβολταικα

Have you checked your copy of MERM yet? :rolleyes:

Again, sorry for making alot of threads, I just found this forum and I have many questions.

I am working with flexible electrostatic adhesive pads. These are similar in many ways to a normal adhesive tape in but the adhesion can be turned on and off electrically. Like many adhesives they are notoriously weak in peel.

This bring me to my problem. I am trying to get a qualitative idea about how changes properties of the substrate material will affect the peel adhesion strength. Does anyone know what factors most predominately affect the peel strength of normal adhesive tapes? Any good references to check out to learn more?

Φωτοβολταικα

Back