Good Luck to all taking the test this Friday!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iwire

Reaction score
Good luck all...by Wednesday, studying should be completed...you should rest up on Thursday..in fact take a day off (work) and just sit at home or go do something other than studying or working.

oh ya...don't talk about the exam questions after you are done...LOL...

And YES DON"T FORGET TO TAKE THE GOOD LUCK PENCIL...it will increase 10% of your passing chance :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll take all the good luck I can get! Thanks to everyone on this forum....can't wait to get this over with

I remember the feelings when I was this close last October. I was frankly just sick of studying. I'd resigned myself to the notion that if I didn't pass, I was just that much ahead for studying for the April exam. I didn't feel very confident. I did decent on the NCEES practice exam but the PPI exam killed my confidence. I just wanted to get everything over with. Take a few weeks off, then get back to studying.

Night before the exam, I got a hotel room in town so I would be closer. Ate dinner, had a couple of cocktails, and watched some Thursday Night Football. Fell asleep about 9, and woke up (unplanned) at 4AM. There was no going back to sleep, so I did some light exercising in the hotel room, watched "Who's the Boss" on TV, and relaxed for an hour before showering. I get to the exam, check in goes smoothly. I start the exam, and I feel like I'm getting beat up left and right. I was drawing blanks and wasting time. Getting frustrated and getting a headache. About 90 minutes in, I take some advil and go to the restroom to clear my head for a moment. I come back in, refocus, and finish the morning session (guessing on about 8 questions).

I figure there was no way I could pass. Why bother going back in? I do go back, b/c I figure I might as well see it through. Afternoon goes more smoothly. I still had to guess on a couple, but I had all bubbles marked.

10 weeks later, I get the results...I passed. The feeling was a big combination of disbelief and relief.

I go through all of this to let you know the feelings that I was having during the last few days up to and including the exam. You're not the only one(s) feeling a little hopeless and/or burnt out. Friday will get here, and then it will be over with. The sun will come up on Saturday, and the whole world will move forward. Relax, know that you've put in a good effort, and the exam result is not a measure of you as a person. Get yourself a cocktail on Friday night after the exam, and then allow your mind to take a break for a while.

Good luck.

Just got my one bankers box, advil, snacks, 2 calculators, exam authorization, hotel booked just a mile or so away from the test site...Now just to get through the next couple days at work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like I've been watching this board forever ..... it's finally my turn.

Let's do this!

I remember the feelings when I was this close last October. I was frankly just sick of studying. I'd resigned myself to the notion that if I didn't pass, I was just that much ahead for studying for the April exam. I didn't feel very confident. I did decent on the NCEES practice exam but the PPI exam killed my confidence. I just wanted to get everything over with. Take a few weeks off, then get back to studying.

Night before the exam, I got a hotel room in town so I would be closer. Ate dinner, had a couple of cocktails, and watched some Thursday Night Football. Fell asleep about 9, and woke up (unplanned) at 4AM. There was no going back to sleep, so I did some light exercising in the hotel room, watched "Who's the Boss" on TV, and relaxed for an hour before showering. I get to the exam, check in goes smoothly. I start the exam, and I feel like I'm getting beat up left and right. I was drawing blanks and wasting time. Getting frustrated and getting a headache. About 90 minutes in, I take some advil and go to the restroom to clear my head for a moment. I come back in, refocus, and finish the morning session (guessing on about 8 questions).

I figure there was no way I could pass. Why bother going back in? I do go back, b/c I figure I might as well see it through. Afternoon goes more smoothly. I still had to guess on a couple, but I had all bubbles marked.

10 weeks later, I get the results...I passed. The feeling was a big combination of disbelief and relief.

I go through all of this to let you know the feelings that I was having during the last few days up to and including the exam. You're not the only one(s) feeling a little hopeless and/or burnt out. Friday will get here, and then it will be over with. The sun will come up on Saturday, and the whole world will move forward. Relax, know that you've put in a good effort, and the exam result is not a measure of you as a person. Get yourself a cocktail on Friday night after the exam, and then allow your mind to take a break for a while.

Good luck.

This is very good advice. This time last year I was so nervous, sometimes feeling ready, sometimes feeling like it was hopeless. I passed thanks to reading numerous posts on EB and following instructions. Goodluck everyone!!

Back