Ruwan Book

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought this book was for the depth/PM Construction exam. Be careful not to study topics only on the PM and not the AM (if you aren't taking Construction depth).

I already ordered the book, I might get it today or Monday. Does anybody that has been working with this book would like to provide some comments about it?.....are the problems similar to the morning topics?

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks

It's my honest opinion that no additional references are needed beyond the CERM (and/or the All In One) for the AM. This book may help you, just be careful not to waste precious study hours on topics you won't be tested. Good luck.

Besides being extremely frustrating to study from because of some errors and poorly organized, it does have very good information in it - you just have to look beyond the confusion.

Is Ruwan the best book for PM practice problems? It is a the best reference to have as well? I currently have the CERM and the associated construction depth book. I'm trying to not waste a lot of time studying too much material or doing practice problems that are too difficult/lengthy to appear on the exam. Is this a good choice? And what about for the AM breadth? I have been doing 6 min solutions and that seems to be treating me pretty well.

Ruwan is not a very good reference for the PM, it does have a couple of sections that are helpful but overall pretty poor. You need a book that will give you an indepth view of project management, check the pinned References at the top of the forum, the sample questions from NCEES will give you a good Idea of what to expect, also, they provide the references from which the problems were developed. I got these and they were extremely helpful.

Ruwan is not a very good reference for the PM, it does have a couple of sections that are helpful but overall pretty poor. You need a book that will give you an indepth view of project management, check the pinned References at the top of the forum, the sample questions from NCEES will give you a good Idea of what to expect, also, they provide the references from which the problems were developed. I got these and they were extremely helpful.

I agree....Ruwan book is not a good reference book....but it is a good for practice book (the workbook that is) for the PM depth. I saved it for "power down problem solving" the weekend before the exam...worked every problem cover-to-cover...I think it helped me greatly.

My opinion: Const Depth is not a good exam to take if you need a reference book to give you an in-depth view of project management because you will read way too much material that is not pertinent to working problems on the exam. Like the other depths, Const PM is about working problems.

the grammar errors that everyone talks about are there...kind of like having a foreign instructor at college...but it is not much harder than reading many of the posts on this forum.

Look past the spelling mistakes. Very good reference. I purchased both ruwan books.

Back