Are these two books enough to study for the Survey PE?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My survey exam is on the 23rd, I have 2 years of surveying experience.

My boss handed me books he used to study for his LSIT and his LS.

Surveying Solved Problems for the FS and PS Exams, third edition PPI

Surveyor Reference Manual, 5th edition PPI

I feel like those two books have more information than I need on the exam, but I am also wondering if it may be missing any?

They are geared towards the surveying licensure exams.

Has anyone used these books and successfully passed the CA Civil survey?

Thank you.

Thanks for the reply.

Is there any reason why you do not recommend the Mansour books?

I'm also using the Cal Trans material.

Reason why I ask is because the Reza book looks like it will take a while to order... Since I need to send a check first to him before I even get the book shipped.

Thanks for the reply.

Is there any reason why you do not recommend the Mansour books?

I'm also using the Cal Trans material.

I didn't not recommend it. What I was trying to get at is, I think you have enough with the PPI books. So I was just trying to give you some free supplemental ideas. If you want to order the Mansour and money/time is not a problem, then go for it. I never did acquire or even see his Survey book. I did acquire his Seismic book from a friend like 2 weeks before my exam so I never really delved into it in depth (just used it for some problems). Aside from a lot of typos/misspellings, it was an okay book. Good luck!

Got it.

It seems like you help a lot of people on this board, you helped me out with a lot of questions which were answered on other threads too.

Appreciate the work, sir.

Back