Any other taking 2014 April CA Survey Exam?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lungshen

Reaction score
I signed up for CA Survey Exam with Prometric in Northwest Arkansas on 4/3, 3 weeks away!

I swear this will be the last exam that i WILL EVER take in my life. I just want to get this exam out of the way and go back to my normal life...

I started study since 12/30/13 and have put nearly 100 or so hours into it. I have read all the chapters and done all the practice problems in Cumo's book, Reza's book, Mansour's book, Mansour's two sample practice exams ( I find them very easy). I am currently cruising through 120 survey problems at a good speed. Probably about 20 questions per night of study, and save the Boniface's two sample practice exams for the last to assess where I am. If I have more time left, I will just redo Reza's practice problems again. His practice problems are more challenging.

So who else are taking the CA survey exam this April? How many hours have you put into study for the CA Survey so far?

I took survey today. I did all the PPI/Bonitace problems. I went in confidently, but just did not pace myself well. Thought it was kinda rough. Unlike seismic, I was surprised to see multiple questions from the same exhibit, which was a good thing.... For now, I tell myself I pass and take a vacation from the books.

I agree with @Jayman PE. I had only 3 days to study and took the Boniface's tests. I found it in line with what was in the exam (took it this past Sat). My problem was I had never touched surveying after my freshman year in 2000. I am still hopeful though. I have never understood why it takes so long to get our results. It is a CBT test, why should it take two months or so!!! It is a simple statistics spreadsheet work and probably a meeting to set a cut-off line.

I agree with @Jayman PE. I had only 3 days to study and took the Boniface's tests. I found it in line with what was in the exam (took it this past Sat). My problem was I had never touched surveying after my freshman year in 2000. I am still hopeful though. I have never understood why it takes so long to get our results. It is a CBT test, why should it take two months or so!!! It is a simple statistics spreadsheet work and probably a meeting to set a cut-off line.
I think they review the questions, read the comments from people, go over peoples concerns about possible "unfair" questions etc... Its not just a simple statistics spreadsheet.

I would much rather have them take their time and remove bad questions first.

I took the survey test on tuesday and I studied like crazy for it. There were two questions that I had no idea what they were asking though. I don't remember ever doing a question like them or covering them in any of the materials I reviewed. Hopefully they get tossed and I have enough to pass. Now seismic on the other hand... that was brutal... but thats for another thread.

Back