How long have you gone without a raise?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3 years has been the longest I have gone without a bump in pay; 2007-2010 were pretty rough. Market definitely has changed (for the better) based upon the movement of people between companies and the number of new jobs coming through the doors in recent months.

Think positive :)
Just to be clear here ... when you type b.u.m.p. it does that stupid emoticon; no idea how to turn it off.

I was at four years until december when they gave me a 5% for passing in april.

After not getting a raise in '09 & '10, I've now received a raise in each of the past 2 years. Last year I also was "promoted" so my raise was higher than the standard merit raise. I was surprised to find out today that I was receiving a 4.5% raise this year. I was expecting no more than 3%.

My commute went from ~30 minutes each way to 1hr each way to get the job I have now (and subsequent pay bump).

Seriously though, it's been 2 years since getting a raise, but my company gives us bonuses and gives us a great retirement contribution every year for all staff. I think i'll probably get a 2-3% increase this year, but the total package is way more than what my engineer friends get unless they're in middle/upper management.

Last edited by a moderator:
well I am now more depressed than when I started this thread...

This is everyone where I work not just me, but its time to start looking... the 6 mile commute has been one thing that kept me from looking.........

^^^ If you're looking to relocate to Denver, I know there are a couple positions open with the group I work for...

I would love Colorado, my wife can't take the 40 degree winters here in Georgia though...

There seem to be lots more civil related openings in Texas, San fransisco, and north east, or at least that's what it's showing on the typical sites...

Back