good luck to all :)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PEoct

Reaction score
wow, cnt believe it's tomorrow.

one sec i feel i know it all and another one i feel like as if i know nothing. cnt wait to get over with it :(

i wish u all " ALL THE VERY BEST"

FIGHT ON !

I'm with you both a 100%. I go back and forth from I got it down to, BAM, I'm a complete idiot. We'll see how it goes...

Good luck to all!

Bruno

Good luck all electrical test takers!!! Do yourself a favor and take today off if you haven't already. You'll need a clear head for tomorrow. If you haven't learned it by now, you aren't going to learn it by trying to cram today/tonight. And when you come back to this board on Monday, remember the confidentiality agreement you signed not to discuss any exam content. Not even the slightest detail. If you have doubts, just don't talk about it. Good luck and see you on the flip side! :thumbs:

Good luck everyone! Remember to relax. The day will fly by and before you know it you'll be done. Spend the weekend celebrating with everyone who supported you while you were studying. You worked hard and should be proud. You'll have plenty of time to second guess every problem and wonder if you passed in the coming weeks.

ya good luck to everyone and me...take today off..give a mental rest. It may help who knows...

Hi Guys,

How did you guys perform in the exam? Please let us know for the future attendees.

Thank you,

Krishna

I sat in October and this exam was no where near similar in types of questions as the October exam or any practice exams I did.

I sat in October and this exam was no where near similar in types of questions as the October exam or any practice exams I did.
I'm a first time taker and I'll just add to wattersa81's comment that I was blindsided by the morning exam. There were many questions similar to the NCEES practice but many more that were not and that I was very unprepared for (shame on me after 4 months of prep). Anyway, I was talking to this young civil engineer during the lunch break and told him that unless the afternoon was a gift that I was probably done for. Frankly, that is kind of what happened and is my only hope that I passed. The afternoon was a lot more sane than the morning with the irony being I was sure it would be the opposite way.

I don't know how others feel about it but I think the NCEES either has to update their practice exam or try to be consistent in what they test on. I know, I know that the topics were all listed in the exam specifications but PLEASE give me a break. These specifications are too broad (and sometimes redundant or how about circuitous) to adequately prepare for. What I tried to do was compare it to the only practice exam that is available and go from there. This strategy may not have worked.

Just my two cents...

Bruno

I'm a first time taker and I'll just add to wattersa81's comment that I was blindsided by the morning exam. There were many questions similar to the NCEES practice but many more that were not and that I was very unprepared for (shame on me after 4 months of prep). Anyway, I was talking to this young civil engineer during the lunch break and told him that unless the afternoon was a gift that I was probably done for. Frankly, that is kind of what happened and is my only hope that I passed. The afternoon was a lot more sane than the morning with the irony being I was sure it would be the opposite way.

I don't know how others feel about it but I think the NCEES either has to update their practice exam or try to be consistent in what they test on. I know, I know that the topics were all listed in the exam specifications but PLEASE give me a break. These specifications are too broad (and sometimes redundant or how about circuitous) to adequately prepare for. What I tried to do was compare it to the only practice exam that is available and go from there. This strategy may not have worked.

Just my two cents...

Bruno

i felt the opposite. morning was easy and afternoon destroyed me. i agree about the NCEES updating the practice exam. there were a few similar questions, but the two tests were very different.

Just my two cents...

Bruno

i felt the opposite. morning was easy and afternoon destroyed me. i agree about the NCEES updating the practice exam. there were a few similar questions, but the two tests were very different.
HA! Maybe we could combine scores!

Seriosly, I'm bitching about all of this but it's mainly a way for me to vent. My wife, father, sister, supervisors, colleagues, freinds, etc., etc., etc., are all telling me I had to have passed because I studied so much. Right?!!! Ain't none of them know what it was except for those of us that had to do it or have done it.

As an aside, I work with an architect that didn't tell anyone when they were going through the A exams because they can be scheduled anytime or at least a lot more than 2x a year. He didn't mention any of it until he passed. I would have done that if I could have...

Bruno

I thought the morning was pretty easy. The NCEES problems do help prepare you for the exam.

ya same here, after first half i was like hmm it was easy, :p but after second half i was like hmmmmm not easy......

i would say it wasn't hard but very tricky, not like a rocket science .... but more detailed...

i dnt think i will make it as i messed up afternoon part, easily 15 are wrong :( so there is no way i will pass besides i did morning part good.

and the part that sucks is that two month wait for result,,,,!

we'll it was my first time, and it was not that hard as i was scared of. everyone can do it. it just need open minded knowledge.,...

NCEES do need to update their problems i agree, but i guess complex imaginary and spin up are the true winners.

rest on my last day i went through each topic on the syllabus and tried to get info as much possible on internet like wikipedia that was the best thing ever. it helped for 2 or 3 questions.

and in case i pass, i cnt wait to write a whole essay on "how to pass pe" to help my future exam takers as i know how much these tips helped me through. this website was my only guide as i dnt have anyone at work who appeared for PE recently ... they have PE from 1886 :( .

best wishes :)

ya same here, after first half i was like hmm it was easy, :p but after second half i was like hmmmmm not easy......

i would say it wasn't hard but very tricky, not like a rocket science .... but more detailed...

i dnt think i will make it as i messed up afternoon part, easily 15 are wrong :( so there is no way i will pass besides i did morning part good.

and the part that sucks is that two month wait for result,,,,!

we'll it was my first time, and it was not that hard as i was scared of. everyone can do it. it just need open minded knowledge.,...

NCEES do need to update their problems i agree, but i guess complex imaginary and spin up are the true winners.

rest on my last day i went through each topic on the syllabus and tried to get info as much possible on internet like wikipedia that was the best thing ever. it helped for 2 or 3 questions.

and in case i pass, i cnt wait to write a whole essay on "how to pass pe" to help my future exam takers as i know how much these tips helped me through. this website was my only guide as i dnt have anyone at work who appeared for PE recently ... they have PE from 1886 :( .

best wishes :)

did you take power?

Just my two cents...

Bruno

HA! Maybe we could combine scores!

Seriosly, I'm bitching about all of this but it's mainly a way for me to vent. My wife, father, sister, supervisors, colleagues, freinds, etc., etc., etc., are all telling me I had to have passed because I studied so much. Right?!!! Ain't none of them know what it was except for those of us that had to do it or have done it.

As an aside, I work with an architect that didn't tell anyone when they were going through the A exams because they can be scheduled anytime or at least a lot more than 2x a year. He didn't mention any of it until he passed. I would have done that if I could have...

Bruno

i WISH we could combine scores lol

i shouldve kept my mouth shut about the test as well. now everyone in my office knows i took it and i'll look like a dumbass if i fail

Back