PE EXAM- ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam_1984

Reaction score
Hi,

I am planning to take PE Electrical and Electronics exam next April in 2010.

I have bought the NCEES book, but I was wondering if anyone could provide any advise on how to prepare for PE exam in Electrical and Electronics. I have searched all over the web but it seems like there is no good guide or review material available, most of the books or review classes deal with PE Exam in Power.

Any suggestions or input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

I have bought the NCEES book, but I was wondering if anyone could provide any advise on how to prepare for PE exam in Electrical and Electronics. I have searched all over the web but it seems like there is no good guide or review material available, most of the books or review classes deal with PE Exam in Power.

Thanks
The NCEES book is the best sample test for the exam- it is very close to the real thing. You want to go on over ppi to get the EERM and the Camara sample exams and 6 minute solutions.

The Kaplan sample exam is a lot harder than the normal test, and has errors in it but might be worth looking at after these books.

Then some people use old textbooks and Schaum’s outlines.

Know your circuit theory, op-amps, and control theory really well. It’s the easiest way to get points. And post any questions on here. Us EEs love to answer questions.

I'd suggest the REA series of books in communications, electric circuits, and control systems. They have not been updated in a while but are very valuable to get you prepared for the type of questions. I would check out your local library first.

Hi,

Thanks
The NCEES book is the best sample test for the exam- it is very close to the real thing. You want to go on over ppi to get the EERM and the Camara sample exams and 6 minute solutions.

The Kaplan sample exam is a lot harder than the normal test, and has errors in it but might be worth looking at after these books.

Know your circuit theory, op-amps, and control theory really well. It’s the easiest way to get points. And post any questions on here. Us EEs love to answer questions.

Hi,

Thanks

Are Schaum's outlines allowed in the testing room?

Hi,

Thanks

Are Schaum's outlines allowed in the testing room?
In California they are. Probably most other states too, if not all.

Back