Centrifugal Pump - Vector Diagram

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't think so. None of that was covered in the prep class I took. I'm getting ready to make a run through on my Six Minute Solutions book so it might be in that but not sure. From what NCEES and the prep class I took is saying, you have to know how to calculate NPSHA, TDH, read a pump curve, and even plot a pump curve. One more thing, I would also cover EGL and HGL if you haven't already. The latter is something you probably already know how to do. One of my co-workers took the WR/Env exam a few years ago and said that there were several algae problems in the afternoon. If you have an environmental textbook like Davis & Cornwell or Metcalf & Eddy you should be fine. Hopefully this well help. Good luck!

In the two times I have taken the exam, I have not seen any vector pump problems. Everything was tied to TDH, Velocity head, EGL or the HGL. I think you have more to worry about in mass/flow problems, lbs/day when they give you mg/L....Oh does wastewater suck.

Back