April 2011

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seemed to go well. I spent 300+ hours studying, but was worried going in because the NCEES practice exam was so hard. The real exam was much easier. I felt like I was really diligent about checking my units, making sure I was answering the question, etc., so we'll see.

I guessed on maybe 2 or 3 questions in the first half, just because of time restraints. The afternoon wasn't as smooth, the design questions can be tricky when you can't find a definite answer so you have to use your intuition instead. Who knows on those ones.

Feel good for the morning session, but not the afternoon one.

Have to guess a few of them.

But overall, pretty confident that I will pass.

I know I'm late, but just wanted to give my two cents.

I agree that the morning portion was a little easier than the afternoon, although I finished the afternoon faster. I'd recommend anyone who is going to take the exam to buy the NCEES study manual. There were about 3 or 4 problems that were almost straight from the book. The concepts of these problems were right on, they just asked for a different piece of the problem.

Units were a big deal for me and I triple checked to make sure I had my answer in the right units. Time will tell if I messed that up :-}

Results are in. I passed :party-smiley-048: . I'd like to thank those of you that helped me!! Party time, I'm out :Banane35: ....

I was pretty much in "fight-or-flight" mode at the beginning of the morning session. I had done the problems in the latest version of the NCEES sample questions, but not under simulated test conditions, so I was understandably worried about not being able to keep up the 10 questions/hour pace. Those worries wound up being unfounded (I had about an hour to spare for both sessions.)

What helped me to pass the exam on my 1st attempt was enrolling in a PE refresher course and having the discipline to study and work practice problems every day, 2-4 hours each day, for 3 months. As dresherm above posted, the NCEES sample problems were a very big help in solving some of the actual exam problems.

Back