Breaking news: Pencil color for this administration (Apr '12) is...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ptatohed

Licenced to Spell
Reaction score
BLUE!

Only ptatohed can bring you the pencil color the day before the national exam. ;)

I'm just kidding......but, seriously, my friend called me at half time today between the CA-Seismic and CA-Survey exams and, of course, I had to ask the pencil color. He said blue.

So, I'm pretty sure that the NCEES pencil color is blue for this administration. Those of you who take the 8-hr exam tomorrow (04-13-12), please confirm next week. :)

Good luck everyone!

Uh oh, sorry guys. I later found out that they were issued old April 2011 pencils today. So I still don't know the color of the April 2012 pencils. But, we'll find out next week.......

Hahahaha. Pencil drama! dun dun dunnnnnn....

I'll let you know what MO is next week, once I wake up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Black...as seen in my new profile picture, if you have a magnifying glass.

I also found my FE pencil from 2003. It is black as well and I passed that exam. Good omen.

April 2012 pencil on bottom in the picture.

Black...as seen in my new profile picture, if you have a magnifying glass.

I also found my FE pencil from 2003. It is black as well and I passed that exam. Good omen.

April 2012 pencil on bottom in the picture.
I am sooo jealous. I have always wanted a black NCEES pencil. Very nice.

Yep, mine was black as well. Hoping the black PE pencil is as lucky as my blue FE pencil turned out to be.

I wonder how many test spy's got burned with bringing their blue test scanning pencil to the exam!

Back