am i right that i can take the exam anyday in april for CA survey?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brom

Reaction score
i just got the prometeus letter and already signed up online. i was surprised that i can choose whatever day and time i want? is this how it works now?

i was just surprised coz this means you can ask others that took the exam earlier what questions came up..

brom - do you really want to go there? I mean, really! Do you want to jeopardize your ability to become licensed before it actually happens? Do you really think that others who have endured this amount of education, experience, and studying will just throw it all away by telling you the questions that they saw on the exam? Especially when all are told not to discuss exam contents?

Seriously, think about the repercussions...

i just got the prometeus letter and already signed up online. i was surprised that i can choose whatever day and time i want? is this how it works now?

i was just surprised coz this means you can ask others that took the exam earlier what questions came up..

brom,

The exam schedule on BPELSG's website shows April 2 - 23 (not "any day in April").

http://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/applicants/exam_schedule.shtml

brom - do you really want to go there? I mean, really! Do you want to jeopardize your ability to become licensed before it actually happens? Do you really think that others who have endured this amount of education, experience, and studying will just throw it all away by telling you the questions that they saw on the exam? Especially when all are told not to discuss exam contents?

CAP,

I believe (I hope anyway) that brom is not saying that he'd ask others about test questions, but he's just showing shock that, because the exam administration is spread out over a number of days, the potential is there. I have to admit, I was shocked too, when I first heard about it. But I assume the potential for "sharing test questions" is reduced/eliminated by varying the exam questions for each examinee. The thing that boggles me is, how the heck do you guys come up with a cut score if each exam is different?? ;)

Ptatohed,

You do know the standard response to asking a question ("how the heck do you guys come up with a cut score if each exam is different??") that is shrouded in mystery and secrecy for aeons, right?

(S)he can tell you, but then (s)he will have to kill you.

lol what? i didn't say i would ask what the test questions are.. i don't even know anybody taking the test this april.. just like what the other poster said.. the potential is there..

Ptatohed,

You do know the standard response to asking a question ("how the heck do you guys come up with a cut score if each exam is different??") that is shrouded in mystery and secrecy for aeons, right?

(S)he can tell you, but then (s)he will have to kill you.

Hmmmmm.... tempting. ;o)

P.S. Ric is a dude.

Back