CA Surveying Exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

divs

Civil_PE_Enviro
Reaction score
Hello, I'll ve taking the Surveying Exam this April. I have a question about the reference material for the exam. I have mostly used the Paul Cuomo book to study, but I read somewhere that this book does not prepare you well enough on all topics. I recently bought the 120 solved surveying problems by Boniface. I was wondering if these sources are enough to prepare for the exam, or is there any other book that contains problems like the actual exam. Unlike the 8 hour, I guess NCEES does not publish any samples problems book for Surveying. I would appreciate any input!

Thanks.

Everyone is different. I passed surveying on the first try using only the 2 references you mentioned. I never had any previous surveying experience and my university did not offer a surveying course. Time management is the most important thing during the exam.

Hello, I'll ve taking the Surveying Exam this April. I have a question about the reference material for the exam. I have mostly used the Paul Cuomo book to study, but I read somewhere that this book does not prepare you well enough on all topics. I recently bought the 120 solved surveying problems by Boniface. I was wondering if these sources are enough to prepare for the exam, or is there any other book that contains problems like the actual exam. Unlike the 8 hour, I guess NCEES does not publish any samples problems book for Surveying. I would appreciate any input!

Thanks.
divs,

NCEES does not create the CA-Survey exam, that's why you won't see a practice exam from NCEES. You mentioned two Survey books PPI offers as study material for the CA-Survey. The third is the 'Civil Survey Sample Exams'. http://ppi2pass.com/shop/pe-exams-1/ca-civil-surveying-exam I'd get this third book and you'll be fine. Good luck.

Back