Passing score ?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Predgw

Reaction score
I talked to someone today who stated she had friends that got their score when they passed. I thought if you passed you just got a congrats, but if you fail they break it down. I asked her twice and she is positive. Does it differ from State to State?

She did mention some states except the raw Ncees score while others take the data and adjust based on test results. Apparently Vermont accepts the scores directly from Ncees. I guess this could be why some states take longer to notify.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

I believe this is correct. In NJ, we get a pass/fail score, and a diagnostic breakdown of the failure.

In CA they don't tell you your score if you pass but they do break it down diagnostically if you fail.

The only states that actually give the score that I can remember are Texas and Virginia.

All others only do a pass/fail, but if you fail they will give you a diagnostic break down to show you where your weak points are.

Well maybe VT gives out passing scores as well.

I will let you know at the end of May or so.

The only states that actually give the score that I can remember are Texas and Virginia.

All others only do a pass/fail, but if you fail they will give you a diagnostic break down to show you where your weak points are.
VA doest provide you the score. Its all Pass or Fail, however if you are failed they will provide you the diagnostics report with breakdown.

Back