NCEES Practice Exam 2011 Transpo question 116

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bennyG19

Reaction score
I get a factor of safety of 3.05 and disagree with the solution of 2.8. Am I missing something? The difference is in the moment arm of the triangular section of concrete. I say the distance is 2/3x2', the solution says 2/3'.

ojqzhy.jpg

here's the problem in question

Do you know if the 2004 Green book has an errata... I looked on the website but didn't find anything.

Do you know if the 2004 Green book has an errata... I looked on the website but didn't find anything.
I wondered the same thing when I started my studies. Like you, I didn't see anything on-line so I e-mailed AASHTO and asked. They told me they do not have any errata for the 2004 GDHS. However, I believe there is errata for the 2006 Roadside Design Guide.

Ok thanks. Yes, I saw the errata but thankfully mine was from last fall so it had all the updates in it. The CERM had a ton. I spent a couple hours writing them all in yesterday.

I've said quite often that the first thing everyone should do before they start studying is check for official errata for all their study/reference sources.

http://www.ncees.org...ials/Errata.php

Also, question 116 is the same for all 5 NCEES civil sample question books.
I agree, but the problem with the PPI books is the web site for the Errata submissions is down almost every time I try to submit. Frustruating.

I've said quite often that the first thing everyone should do before they start studying is check for official errata for all their study/reference sources.

http://www.ncees.org...ials/Errata.php

Also, question 116 is the same for all 5 NCEES civil sample question books.
I agree, but the problem with the PPI books is the web site for the Errata submissions is down almost every time I try to submit. Frustruating.
Jason, what's weird is I have problems with the PPI errata link at home but not at work so it could be a 'per computer' problem. If you want to list your PPI books (title, printing, edition), I can look up the errata for you and e-mail it to you.

Thanks,

I've got

CERM 12 Edition

CERM Pratice Problems 12th Edition

Construction Reference Manual, Korman, 1st Edition

6 minute solutions:

• Water
  • Geotech
  • Structures
  • Transpo

Thanks friend!

Jason, CERM Ed 12, CERM Pract Probs Ed 12 and Cons Dep Ref Man Ed 1 are done but there are too many Editions and Printings for the 6 Mins - please provide Edition and Printing #s. Also, please post or PM me your e-mail addy. Thanks.

Back