California Dreamin

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing yet. But I had a change of address that went unopened after my application. So I imagine it's somewhere in UPS NY being redirected. Got my walet card today though.

Got another pass letter today, with a note fom the state saying hat they are amending the date of which I passed he exam. Oct verse Dec. at first I thought it was going to be a notice requesting a renewal fee.

I still have not received my pass/fail letters for the CA Civil Seismic and Surveying exams. Last Wednesday, I called the Board and was directed to a Board phone extension based on the first letter of my last name, and I left a voice message. I did obtain a Board contact email address and sent an email. I have not received a reply phone call or email from the Board. My name has not been included in the Board license database during their past few recent updates. So, I'm guessing I've failed one or both of the exams. Like I have asked during one of my previous posts, is anybody else experiencing something similar?

I just got my Pocket Certificate and it says that I need to laminate it and carry it with me at all times. Are they serious?! Is anyone actually planning on carrying this thing around with them at all times? They could have at least made it the size of a credit card so that it could fit in a wallet.

I received the wall certificate on January 12 and the Pocket Certificate today, January 14.

Nothing yet. But I had a change of address that went unopened after my application. So I imagine it's somewhere in UPS NY being redirected. Got my walet card today though.
I just got my Pocket Certificate and it says that I need to laminate it and carry it with me at all times. Are they serious?! Is anyone actually planning on carrying this thing around with them at all times? They could have at least made it the size of a credit card so that it could fit in a wallet.
I received the wall certificate on January 12 and the Pocket Certificate today, January 14.

So are these wallet cards just for Electrical because I didn't get one and only EEs have mentioned receiving one so far. Or do CEs get them to? And are they the same as this:

http://www.pels.ca.gov/licensees/pocket_identification_card_info.shtml

So are these wallet cards just for Electrical because I didn't get one and only EEs have mentioned receiving one so far. Or do CEs get them to? And are they the same as this: http://www.pels.ca.gov/licensees/pocket_identification_card_info.shtml
The pocket certificates came in a separate envelope so it may just be that they haven't sent them out for the CEs yet. The link you provided explains why they are so cheap. It has an expiration date on it so we get a new one each time we renew. This is our proof that our license is current.

PE's I know elsewhere have a little 8.5x5.5 certificate showing their license is valid, i think this card is the CA version. I'll probably just leave it in my desk somewhere, I try to keep my wallet light. Can't imagine needing to prove my license in the field ...

PE's I know elsewhere have a little 8.5x5.5 certificate showing their license is valid, i think this card is the CA version. I'll probably just leave it in my desk somewhere, I try to keep my wallet light. Can't imagine needing to prove my license in the field ...
The board provides us with a frameable certificate (without an expiration date) and a portable license (with an expiration). We are required to keep the license with us at all times (I heard about someone that was audited and was reported for not having his license with him at the time).

The board used to provide nice credit card style plastic licenses, but in order to save money they now give us an oddly shaped piece of paper and ask us to laminate it ourselves.

It's up to you weather or not you will always carry it, but technically we are supposed to keep it with us at all times.

I wonder if Napoleon Bonaparte used a pocket card? Probably.

Yet, another reason why normal girls could never take engineers seriously.

I wonder if Napoleon Bonaparte used a pocket card? Probably.

Yet, another reason why normal girls could never take engineers seriously.
If you're showing girls your pocket card as a way of trying to pick them up, I don't think the card is the problem. :D

This past week I received my wallet card (paper) and a separate pass letter with a little blue paper insert instructing me to replace my previous pass letter. The first pass letter states I passed the "December" exam and the corrected letter states the October exam.

So have you guys (who passed) :

1.) Celebrated?

2.) Sent out thank you letters to your references?

3.) Framed your certificates?

4.) Anything else I missed?

For me:

1.) Yes! Went to Vegas with my wife (and no baby) this past weekend! It was a blast.

2.) Done a few weeks ago.

3.) Finally bought my supplies from Michael's last week and am in the process of putting it together.

4.) ?

1.) Took a week off of work and enjoyed the free time with my wife. I especially enjoyed not studying.

2.) Sent them out the day I found out I passed.

3.) Got three frames from Aaron Brothers a couple weeks ago. One for me B.S., one for my PE Certificate, and one for my future M.Eng. The B.S. and Certificate are hanging up in my office. It's nice to see the B.S. finally out of the file cabinet.

4.) Ordered new business cards with the P.E. designation after my name.

Back