AASHTO GREEN BOOK 2004

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hasan

Reaction score
Can someone of you give me a copy of AASHTO Green Book 2004?

OR

Can someone of you tell me from where i can download it for free?

I would be grateful for a quick and effective response.

I'm pretty sure that's one reference you won't be able to find anywhere for Free. Sorry.

Thanks for the quick response. Are the geometric standards table of 2004 edition available somewhere from where i can download for free?

Thanks for the quick response. Are the geometric standards table of 2004 edition available somewhere from where i can download for free?

There are dozens of tables in the 500 or so of pages in the Green Book....you would need many of those tables if you are taking Transportation depth. You could buy the book for $122 from "the other board" and sell it after the exams if you don't need it anymore. You could also try ebay to get it cheaper if available.

I have the 2001 version of the AASHTO Green Book. Are there any significant changes between the latest version and this version?

I have the 2001 version of the AASHTO Green Book. Are there any significant changes between the latest version and this version?
This thread seems to indicate that many of the 'main tables' were updated between the 2001 and 2004 editions. I know the SE tables changed.

http://engineerboards.com/index.php?showtopic=4562

If you are taking the transpo depth you would be better off w/ the 2004 edition

Attachment 1

Changes in 2004 Green Book (as compared with 2001 Green Book)

1. The superelevation section has been revised as follows:
    • The topics in the section have been reworded and rearranged
    • The superelevation tables have been reformatted. In the 2001 Green Book the superelevation tables were formatted with radius in the left column and design speed across the top, enabling the user with these two pieces of information to find the recommended superelevation value in the body of the table. In the 2004 Green Book the superelevation tables are formatted with superelevation in the left column and design speed across the top, enabling the user to enter from the top with design speed, proceed down a column in the body of the table to curve radius, and find a recommended superelevation value in the left column.
    • The length of superelevation runoff has been moved from the superelevation table to a separate table in the discussion of transition design controls.
    • For low speed rural design (< 45 mph) the 2004 Green Book incorporates different friction factors which in turn results in slightly different superelevation rates. For example, given a design speed of 25 mph, radius of curve 500 feet, and maximum superelevation rate of 8%, the superelevation rate found in the 2004 Green Book would be 5.0%, compared to 5.3% in the 2001 Green Book. For high speed design (> 50 mph), the superelevation rates in the 2004 Green Book are almost identical to those in the 2001 Green Book.
    • For low speed urban streets, use of superelevation is optional, as it was in the 2001 Green Book. Where superelevation is used, the 2004 Green Book presents the superelevation rates in a new table and revised graph. The change in superelevation rates is similar to those for rural facilities
  2. The terminology for M, middle ordinate of a horizontal curve, has been changed to HSO, horizontal sightline offset, to avoid conflict with a surveying term using M. This is a straight substitution of terms, no other changes were made in the text.
  3. The technical corrections noted in the first and second printings of the 2001 Green Book have been incorporated in the 2004 Green Book. Those using the 2001 Green Book can find these technical corrections posted at http://downloads.transportation.org/Errata-GDHS-4.pdf. (pdf, 4 mb)
This text was copied from a February 23, 2005 memo by the USDOT Federal Highway Administration.

Hope this helps.

owillis

Back