PE Electrical and Electronics Review Course

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desi_girl

EE Electronics
Reaction score
Hi,

I want to know if there are any good review courses online or class based for PE electrical and Electronics.

I did not find any classes in and around Philadelphia where I reside. Please suggest a few.

Just today I read that School of PE offers online/live course in this field, but is it good? Has anyone taken their Electrical and Electronics coursework and found it effective?

Does kaplan, testmasters offer it?

I responded to you in the other forum.

Hello desi_girl and welcome to EB.com. A question of that nature would probably be best asked in the electrical-specific forum. There are a number of threads that have already discussed this particular topic. Take a look here and see if that helps:

http://engineerboard...showtopic=14708

There was also some discussion on recommendations for which references to use while studying for this particular exam. That may also be helpful to you.

http://engineerboard...showtopic=19217

I took the Testmasters course in Houston and it was very helpful. I passed on the first try and this was one of the reasons why. The only issue is that it is offered over the course of three weekends.

I took the PPI online review course for the Oct '12 exam. It was once or twice a week, spread out over a couple of months before the exam. Besides the fact that you can take them wherever you are as long as you have internet, I like online courses because the sessions are recorded so if you miss a class or just want to review a specific subject or problem again, you can watch the video.

The only negative comments I would add regarding this PPI course is that I got the sense it might have been the first time they ran one for Electrical and Electronics, and at times it was lacking the polish that comes from running through something several times. Like a lot of other prep services, I believe they offered Power only, previously. It seemed like we were constantly running behind schedule because of this so there was not as much time as I would have liked for open Q&A.

All that said, I passed the first time and I'm not sure the outcome would have been the same if all my studying was done independently. I think that having the structure of homework assignments and a timeframe to review each specific subject area was helpful for me. For someone that's highly disciplined, though, you might be able to go it alone just as effectively.

Back