PE-environmental: organic compounds

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dwhydro

Hello engineers,

Can someone please suggest a good reference to bring to the exam that contains any of the information below:

+ molecular weight of selected organic compounds

+ density of selected organic compounds

+ list of selected DNAPLs and LNAPLs

+ list of common VOC

+ chemical formulas for any of the above

I realize I am asking for much information but if you have an answer to 1 or 2 of these items that would be appreciated. I could not locate anything similar in EERM.

I would like to either type these into a separate page for handy reference or copy selected sections from texts/manuals. If you are of some assistance, I will be happy to share my end-product with you.

Dale ([email protected])

I refuse to help anyone at Ohio State.

J/K I dont have a reference for you but i though i would throw in that dig anyway.

There are a couple of really good tables in the NAPL chapters in Maidment's Handbook of Hydrology...I used this book as a reference for other things also during the exam. It's kind of expensive, but you could just make copies of those tables, you would probably get the info you want. He also lists solubilties and partition coefficients.

You might try Contaminant Hydrogeology by Fetter, too.

The Fetter Geohydro book is good. The Envrm has some stuff in it. Maybe Hazardous Waste Mgmt by LaGrega (go Jaspers).

I doubt they would just ask a question about random chemical X and give no other info than that and expect you to figure it out and then work the problem in 5 minutes.

Back