Actual exam format

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben_1

Reaction score
What does the format of actual exam looks like for PE Civil for both morning and afternoon? Are exam questions in order of NCEES specification or randomly mixed.

The questions look like the NCEES example problems, but they are in random order both in the morning and afternoon.

The questions look like the NCEES example problems, but they are in random order both in the morning and afternoon.

not quite the way I remember it....seems the questions were grouped by subject...but then I took the exam on two hours sleep 'coz i was so jazzed I could not fall asleep (thank God for 20 oz Redbull).....6 months ago, I used to hang by a thread on these types of questions...

I took the ME machine design, it was random order. I obviously can not speak to if this holds true on the Civil exam.

I recall the AM questions very clearly grouped. I remember Construction first, forget the order of the rest. In the afternoon, I can't say I recall any particular order.

Back