Fundamentals of Seismic Analysis and Design of Buildings (3rd Edition)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EET

EB Sponsor
Reaction score
coverpage Jan  2014 1st (480x640) (225x300).jpg

Fundamentals of Seismic Analysis and Design of Buildings provides everything needed to pass the California Civil Seismic Principles Exam including a comprehensive introduction to the seismic principles essential for the design of building structures. The book offers a concise but thorough review of seismic theory, code application, design principles, and structural analysis

Ø An ideal review for candidates studying for/referencing during the CA Seismic Exam. Updated per the latest Seismic test plan standards including the 2012 IBC/2013 CBC and ASCE 7-10.

Ø Serves as an all inclusive study guide, prepared for students with little or no background in earthquake engineering and seismic principles.

Ø Over 470 exam-like multiple choice questions, and 25 illustrative examples (520 pp).

Ø The Table of Contents and a few Chapters of the textbook are available on our website (www.eet-california.com/seismic_class_textbookhttp://www.eet-california.com/seismic_class_textbook) for review.

Ø Textbook fee is $100 (free with class or webinar enrollment). Free priority Shipping. To order, please e-mail [email protected].

Limited Time Offer:

If you place your order before Jan 15, 2014, you will be entitled to attend weekly Q&A sessions, via live webinar, with the author where you can ask questions and get more explanations about the subject matter.

Ø Q&A sessions are offered every Wednesday, on-line, from 6 to 9 pm PST, starting from Feb 12 until the last week of the Seismic exam Spring schedule (April 16, 2014).

Ø Email Q&A support ([email protected]) is also provided during the same periods.

ISBN: 978-0-9856972-3-5 (pbk)
Library of Congress CN: 2013957596

An excellent book, the best in the market. Well organized. The book combined with the review course helped me pass seismic 1st try.

Which class, EET or Hiner, is better for those who have no experience in seismic?

I'm from east coast and I've never taken any seismic classes.

Any suggestions?

I am an out of state PE who is taking the CA Seismic this April and just signed up with EET after a thorough endorsement by a frequent of this site, a California Civil PE. Looking forward to the challenge.

Back